“Cool Hotel In The Heart of West Yellowstone”
Review of Stage Coach Inn

Stage Coach Inn
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Brunswick, Maryland
“Cool Hotel In The Heart of West Yellowstone”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

If you go here for wifi or pool, my review is NOT for you. Room was basic but decent, actually good considering the other options in the area (area not the same as other places) and right in the heart of town, so you can walk to dinner. The free breakfast had cereal, yogurt, and muffins/bagels what more do you need for free, right. They had neat stuffed animals in the lobby which was cool for the kids. Free parking in back of the hotel was safe and lit at night. The desk staff was at check-in was friendly and they resolved an initial problem with my room key quickly. If you are looking for a 1-2 night stay that is close to the park in West Yellowstone where most of your time is spent in the park this is your kind of place. If you are looking for a week long vacation or resort type stay....you might want to keep looking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
StageCoachInnGM, General Manager at Stage Coach Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for the review of the Stage Coach Inn from your recent stay. We appreciate your comments about the Guestroom, the Expanded Continental Breakfast, the Lobby Décor, and the Friendliness of the Front Desk Staff. Thank you for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 July 2014

They advertise Wireless in the rooms, which does not work. They rooms are not clean. The staff at the front desk does not speak fluent english, the room rates are extremely expensive and worst of all the management is rude and completely unresponsive to simple requests!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
1 Thank Pat1950535
Thank you for your review of the Stage Coach Inn from your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations for this stay. Your simple request to return items you left in the room at the Hotel's expense or suffer a negative review is now complete. Thank you for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.

Travellers are raving about these West Yellowstone hotels

Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed there after finding it as a last-minute booking on Expedia. I see now that the hotel is probably in on it with Expedia and the ad and reviews on that site are far from reality.

The rooms are pretty good BUT they are falsely advertising they have wifi in rooms and actually don't. Even in the lobby, the wifi is generally bad. They are either getting ripped off by their IT company or not giving a s*** (probably both). Something I really didn't like was one of the owners (I guess that's what he is since he's at the counter 3/4 of the day) LIED to me by pretending that many customers could access the wifi without issue, when actually everyone is massed in the lobby trying to get a signal.

Which brings me to the fact that employees and owners do not care at all. They are very unhelpful when told about your issues with the hotel and grossly disregarding customers. I wish I had seen all the others reviews here that say the same thing earlier!

They are also supposed to have a laundry room. I tried to use it, but they have only 2 machines for the whole hotel! Of course they are always full. And they close the laundry room at 10pm. Not convenient when many people come back late from a day of visiting the area. When made aware of the issue, the ppl at the counter still did nothing, although they could have let me use the hotel laundry room used for linens, which has many machines and was empty at the time.

The only good things were the TV, flat screen, the double windows and fridge. The hotel is also pretty clean. The shower was however terrible (bad old unadjustable shower head), which I don't get since the room was the deluxe one. I cannot imagine what the shower could be in the old rooms...

So in short, stay someplace else! If you're going to have no help from hotel staff, and half the amenities are unusable.... why pay that much? Go to a motel nearby instead. Even in summer one or two in that town usually have last-minute vacancies. Don't give money to those uncaring owners!

Room Tip: Unhelpful staff, amenities don't work, no wifi, bad value for the money, stay somewhere else!
2 Thank Diane A
Thank you for your review of the Stage Coach In from your recent stay. We appreciate your comments although I have to say that we disagree with your claim of false advertising. Thank you for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for three days at the peak of tourist season. The good news is the room was decent, the beds were comfortable, and the location was great. The bad news is the pool was closed, the wifi didn't work at all, the breakfast had exactly zero items available for low carb diets, and we only managed to coax one smile out of one staff member the whole time we were there. The room was twice the price we paid for comparable rooms in other locations on the same vacation. We were very disappointed.

2 Thank Marie H
Thank you for the review of the Stage Coach Inn from your recent stay. We were pleased with your comments about the Guestroom, the Bedding, and the Location. I am sorry that our pool is not open yet - until we receive our approval from the State of Montana - and the problems you had with the WiFI. Thank you for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Our room was spacious and clean.the hotel is in walking distance to all of " downtown " W. Yellowstone". But:
They have is non-working room keys when we arrived (there was someone else in the room!). After they sorted that out we got a different room.when we got back the next day that key did not work either (they had made the key only for one day not two). No apology.

Wifi does not work.We told reception that at checkout, they were not interested.

Breakfast is included. Not too good. But I have to say the people working the breakfast room were the only friendly people on the staff that we met.

We paid well over 500.-for two nights which is a ridiculous price for what we got. But they know they have you by the balls since there is very limited availability in w.yellowstone on high season.

Next time we go camping instead of this!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ErnestFromBaltimore
Thank you for your review of the Stage Coach Inn from your recent stay. We appreciate your comments about the Cleanliness and Spaciousness of the Guestroom and, the Friendliness of the staff in the Expanded Continental Breakfast. We apologize for the difficulties you experienced with your room assignment, room keys, and WiFi. Thank you for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.
Maui
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the Stage Coach Inn during a two day visit to Yellowstone National Park. The room we were given was old and the air conditioner did not cool the room. Also the wi-fi didn't work in the room. We complained as we paid the price of a room in a major European city for the room and left for dinner. When we returned we were told the air conditioner was working. It was certainly blowing air but the air was warmer than the air outside. We told them that this was unacceptable and we were moved to an accessible room which was fine. The air was cold and the room was clean. Also the Wi-Fi worked fine there. When I spoke to the front desk the next morning I said I was researching the hotels for a possible group in 2016 and they told me that groups use the newer deluxe rooms. So I didn't get to see them but if you stay here make certain you are in the newer rooms. The breakfast was okay but nothing special. It was very convenient to Yellowstone National Park

Room Tip: Avoid room 241 in the classic rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
StageCoachInnGM, General Manager at Stage Coach Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your review of the Stage Coach Inn from your recent stay, we appreciate your comments about the Hotel and that the problem you had with the Air Conditioner was resolved. Our Deluxe rooms were added in 1990 and although we are not large enough for most bus tours, our rooms with two beds are on the Deluxe side of the Hotel which is why we use them for groups. Thank you for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.
Cotati, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were shocked when we got here. Motel 6 is better. The employees are burnt out and unhelpful. I couldn't even get wifi in the lobby and other guests said the same. I came here because I thought I was getting a super high quality place the way it was advertised on Expedia. The towels were thread bare and didn't match. I liked nothing about this place except that I got a refund for the 2nd night and went to Best Western. They were awesome and less expensive. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: I would not stay here. Best advice I can give you. I had to stop a child from doing firecrackers in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveler94931
Thank you for the review of the Stage Coach Inn from your recent stay. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations for this stay and that you "had to stop a child from doing firecrackers in the front".