We recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on a snowmobiling trip. I booked with this hotel specifically because we stayed here a few years ago on a similar trip and it was great and they set us up with an affordable snowmobiling package. While this hotel is still affordable, it has lost some of it's shine. Lets start with the staff. Sub par on a good day. They dress like they just rolled out of bed and threw on their best sweatpants to head off to work. The main hotel clerk did work some very long hours, 8am to at least midnight on one day. I came into the lobby one day looking for help and did not initially see anyone. She was laying her head on the counter either texting, playing a video game or sleeping, I could not tell. The hotel has an attached bar and because of that was very smoky throughout including our non-smoking room. Our room was ok. It was neither dirty nor exceptionally clean at the same time. It did smell at little stale too but not enough to change rooms. The beds are springs with a thin wrap of fabric around them. They were not comfortable and cut off circulation to my extremities throughout the night. There were 3 things that I did really like about this hotel; 1-The shower head had a lot of pressure and put out a lot of water. 2-The continental breakfast was more extensive than most. Including Bagels, Muffins, Pancakes, cereal, yogurt juice and you could even make your own fresh waffles, that were very good. 3-Although the bar provided lots of smoke, it also provided lots of entertainment. There was a live musician playing, a pool table and the only poker table in town. The bartenders were also very friendly and accommodating. The next time I go snowmobiling I will book my own package. Call Two Top to book your sleds they are awesome. I will also take my chances at another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stage Coach Inn is a landmark hotel in West Yellowstone, Montana, originally built in 1948 to meet the needs of travelers and visitors flocking to the Park in their automobiles. Over the years the hotel has seen many changes and acquired a colorful repetoire of stories and myths - ranging from bullet-holes, billiards, secret gambling rooms, and even ghosts - but the one constant has been to provide superior accommodations and service to Yellowstone National Park visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stage Coach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stage Coach Hotel West Yellowstone
- Stage Coach West Yellowstone
- Stage Coach Inn West Yellowstone, Montana