“Fabulous location, great value!!!”

Gray Wolf Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Martinsville, New Jersey
“Fabulous location, great value!!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Enjoyed our stay here. We were greeted by a warm and friendly front desk staff.. They were also well informed about the local restaurants. Wonderful 1st impression . Our suite was spacious and spotless, the beds were very comfortable . They have a fantastic continental breakfast with seating both inside and outside. The location was perfect, close to the park entrance and directly across the street from the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center. A wonderful place to stay, will recommend to my friends and family !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Evan_Tennant, Manager at Gray Wolf Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Greetings Jennifer,
Thank you for your review and recommendation, it means a lot to us. We are thrilled to hear that your first impression was pleasant and that your room was clean and comfortable. Thank you for your comments on the breakfast, we have worked hard to offer variety and quality in the continental setting. We hope that you can come stay with us again very soon, safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the hotel was very close to the west entrance of Yellowstone, and the suite was large! However, with this being said, the bed was uncomfortable and my back hurt each morning after waking up.

Green Features: The Gray Wolf Inn and Suites is extremely water conscious and had plenty of ways in which to recycle/throw away your garbage.
Hello Danielle,
Thank for the great review and for choosing to come stay with us at The Gray Wolf Inn & Suites. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated the staff, room size and location. We are sorry that you did not find the bed comfortable, we have noted your comments and will discuss possible improvements with our staff. Thank you for letting us know. We hope that you can make your way back to West Yellowstone again in the very near future!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very nice location and amenities were good. The room was large, bed was fairly comfortable and we traveled with our dogs. It was nice that we could obtain a pet friendly room, and the location they gave us was very close to the outside door. The breakfast was okay, but could have more variety or some warm items for the cost. The night desk clerk had a very difficult time understanding english or anything that we tried to discuss with her. However, we enjoyed our stay and will plan on returning in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Evan_Tennant, Manager at Gray Wolf Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi 681Deb,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Gray Wolf Inn & Suites. It means a lot to us, we base needed improvements off hearing what guests enjoy or do not about our property. We are pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be large and comfortable for yourselves and furry companion. Thank you for your feedback on breakfast and our night staff, we have noted both for discussion. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We loved our stay at the Gray Wolf Inn. The rooms are large, very clean, and the beds very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Gray Wolf Inn even has underground parking which is really nice since it rained a couple of days. It is in a good location. Close enough to walk to shops and restaurants. If you get up early for their complimentary breakfast, you can even hear the wolves howl from the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center across the street. I would definitely recommend this Inn to all my friends.

Green Features: The Inn is owned and operated by the Delaware North Company. They are good stewards of our earth with their recycling and water preservation practices, and helping by posting reminders to their guests how we can also help.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Evan_Tennant, Manager at Gray Wolf Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello Donna,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Gray Wolf Inn & Suites, we truly appreciate it and your recommendation. We are thrilled to hear that you found our staff friendly and rooms comfortable. Thank you for pointing out our location and the underground parking we offer. That is exciting that you had a chance to hear the wolves in the mornings, our proximity to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center allows for us to get a little piece of the wild everyday.

Thank you for mentioning our conservation efforts, we are very committed to honoring the beautiful scenery we live amongst. Your comments are very appreciated.

Safe travels, please come stay with us again anytime!
Duchesne, Utah
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was very disappointed at the hotel. When I checked in the front desk girl asked me for my credit card I asked why since the room had already been charged to my account she looked at me like I had two heads and had to have someone come and help her, the girl she asked didn't know either so finally a third clerk finally came over and told me for incidentals. Which was fine I just wanted to know why she was swiping my card again as I didn't want to pay for the room twice.
We went to our room we had a king room with a sofa bed. On the bed was a wolf stuffed animal that my son fell in love with and had to have and yes you have to pay for it.
We got the Bears, Bed and Breakfast package which included the breakfast and tickets to the Bear and Wolf Discovery Center which is right across the street.
We decided we wanted to stay another night so I went down to the front desk to see if the room would be available for the next night. It was and I asked about the price of the room. The girl that checked me in didn't know and so the other girl came over to help. I know I confused them with all my questions so then I stopped and started over and they were still confused. They told me what the base rate was and that I would still be paying the same amount as I had with the Bear package. I told them I didn't need the bear package again so it should be cheaper. They said no. Finally the same guy clerk who helped them at first said no you will have a lower rate because you aren't getting the tickets I said yes thank you. They said they wouldn't charge me for the next night until the next day.
The night we spent was one of the worst nights I have spent in a hotel. The bed was so hard and the pillows were like the pillows you have at the hospital. I was glad they didn't charge me for the second night.
The breakfast was not that great either. No scrambled eggs and no sausage like at other hotels. There were boiled eggs, cottage cheese, eggo waffles, bread items, oatmeal, granola, cereal and some fruit. They only had the small dessert sized plates and bowls.
Over all for the price we paid we did not get what we paid for. I should have stayed a Motel 6.
We found a different hotel to stay at and left.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello Bonnie,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Gray Wolf Inn & Suites. We are very sorry for all the hassle you experienced while checking in, your comments have been shared with our staff so we can make improvements to our front desk service. The lack of explanation and confusion over the incidentals is unacceptable. Thank you for your patience in the matter. The poor night sleep you experienced and the lack of comfort you found in our beds and pillows has also been noted for discussion and needed improvement. Providing guests with peaceful rest is our first priority, thank you for sharing your feedback. We wish you safe travels and hope that you can make your way back to West Yellowstone again soon.
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very, very close to yellowstone. Nice hotel with very well apportioned suites, with full kitchen. That was important to us with small kids: let them have the own room. The breakfast was just okay, they could make some improvements there but it was sufficient.

Room Tip: Suites are good with full kitchen and separate bedroom.
Green Features: Fine. Allowed us to reuse towels. I didn't notice anything else.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris M
Evan_Tennant, Manager at Gray Wolf Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hi Chris,
Thank for the great review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Gray Wolf Inn and Suites. Your comments mean a lot to us and we appreciate all your feedback. We hope you can come back and stay with us again very soon!
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Was a nice clean room and inside parking. Only thing is the manager needs to be released for not keeping everyone that works there in the loop about how to use the ada pool lift and not say where battery back is at 4 lift. On top of it they have paper framed from trip advisor lil up set so don't post its wheelchair when management can't find or or know about it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Darren P, General Manager at Gray Wolf Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello JasperP,

I would like to send our sincere apologies to you on our ADA Pool Lift not being operational. The staff has been trained on how to instruct guests on how to use. I apologize that the battery pack was being charged upon your stay. I hope the refund upon your departure was appropriate for this issue. I assure you our maintenance staff is on a regular schedule to ensure the battery packs are charged to prevent this from happening again. Thank you for your response, it's comments like this that make us better serve future guests.

Thank you.