“Great place”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Monahans, Texas
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our first trip to West Yellowstone. I located the Clubhouse Inn on the Internet. It was a lovely place to stay. The hotel was clean, the room was spacious, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would have expected to pay a lot more for the room but I thought the price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. This will be the place we stay on our next trip to West Yellowstone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
jschoenhard, General Manager at ClubHouse Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay, I hope you had a great vacation in Yellowstone.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

The room was very nice, clean, comfortable, plenty of space. The desk had several plugins and a couple of USB ports for charging phones/computers. The bathroom was spacious, probably 10 by 8. My only nit pick about the room was there's very little counter space to set anything out in that spacious bathroom. The hotel staff was superb and the gentleman supporting the breakfast area was wonderful. So, why mixed emotions?
When we arrived the hotel had at least 2 busloads of tourists, mostly foreign. That, in and of itself, isn't anything I worry about. But, doors slamming at 5:30 am, crowds pushing and shoving in the breakfast area as if they hadn't eaten in a week, now that's a problem. I've never been run over by a 4'9" 90 lb woman before. After 2 days, they left but then another busload came in and once again the breakfast area was more like an arena at playoff time than a place to enjoy breakfast. The hotel always provided more of everything when they ran out, although these people didn't act like they knew it, but that isn't the point. If you like to start your day peacefully and chill out over your coffee this was not the place to do it. The breakfast area was a madhouse every day we were there.
That second thundering hoard left me thinking the hotel probably has a lot of that going on. So, as much as I enjoyed the room, the next time I'm in the area I'll look for a little calmer surroundings.

Room Tip: Pick the top floor. That way you won't hear Godzilla scurrying about above your head.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
jschoenhard, General Manager at ClubHouse Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We do have some bus tours scheduled with us this summer and i apoligize that you ran into issues with then during your stay. One thing we are doing in June is putting in a small patio in the front of our building for a place that these tours can go to once they grab some food from our breakfast room to help to elevate some of the congestion. Also after reading your comments i will see if we can do a better job of when we would have a but tour staying of keeping them in their own section of the building so that they do not disturbe our other guests. Again thank you for staying and i hope you will stay with us again when you come back to Yellowstone.
Burke, VA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Clubhouse Inn in West Yellowstone, MT. I had never heard of the chain Clubhouse Inn.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. All questions, especially about local restaurants, were cheerfully answered and recommendations were reviewed upon our return. "How was your day?", "What did you see/do?" greeted us each afternoon. I can not say enough good things about Justin, Shirley, Moe and Jody.

Our room was large, clean, and bright. The linens were nice and clean. The air conditioner was quiet. The hall sounds minimal. I am a light sleeper so these things are important to me. The only way to improve the room would be brighter light bulbs. I am an older woman and need more bright light to easily read. I love a soft comfortable chair or sofa in a room; this room had a sofa.

After checking out, I realized I had left my wallet behind. Upon phoning, Justin immediately went to my room, retrieved the wallet, put it in the safe, called me to tell me he had it, went to the post office the next day (Monday) to send it back, emailed and called me with the confirmation number, and told me not to worry about the cost! "Above and beyond" is how I would describe it.

You can't beat the location in terms of Yellowstone Park while outside the park. 2 minutes to the entrance, 20 minutes to the middle of the park loops.

The next time I am in West Yellowstone, there is only one place I want to stay!

Room Tip: The washer/dryer and Ice machines are in the same room at the end of the hall. If you are a light s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I will pass on your comments to our staff as they aways like to hear back from our guests.
La Marina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I spent a night here whilst on a coach trip. The welcome was excellent, and the staff generally were as helpful as you would expect. The rooms are clean and very well appointed. In fact it is a super place to stay, except that there is no bar or restaurant on site.
A definite yes from us!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
jschoenhard, General Manager at ClubHouse Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. We do not have a bar or resturant on property but there are multiple establishments located just a half block away so easy walking distance.
Missoula, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We did not have a pleasant experience. The individuals at check in were distracted and a lot more focused on "technology" and how to do their job than on us as customers. Room, bathroom specifically, was not clean and walls are paper thin. Continental breakfast was cold and marginal.

1 Thank KSue2014
Thank you for your recent review, We just opened for the season on May 8 and we have some new staff on our team that we were traning the first couple of days so i am guessing this is what you observed. I apologize that you found issues with the room and breakfast but can assure that everthing is up to speed and we are ready for the summer season
San Dimas, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was a nice hotel/motel. The room was good sized, clean, bed was comfortable. It is an easy stroll to the main street of this small town. We stayed here for 2 nights while we explored Yellowstone. They had a good continental breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms here. They do allow pets so if you don't care to hear...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EL52
jschoenhard, General Manager at ClubHouse Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your comments, there are 5 different resturants just a half block away from us and many gift shops. Thank you for staying with us.
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

OK for a place to spend the night, but not up to par with other Club House properties. We stayed here because of the trusted name and relatively lesser price than surrounding properties. The front desk people were really nice, but the interior, including the breakfast area, was rather small and dingy. The rooms were clean and adequate. Given the price and location, I would probably stay again, but with different expectations.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, out of the Clubhouse Inn chain we are the only stand alone Clubhouse Inn while the others are Clubhouse Inn and Suites so our sister properties do have a few more amenties that we can offer. We do appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.