“Nice place to stay while visiting Yellowstone”

ClubHouse Inn West Yellowstone
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Wash. St.
“Nice place to stay while visiting Yellowstone”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights. It's a very nice hotel, comfy rooms, but as some other folks have said, try to be put on the top floor because sound travels very easily through the ceiling down into rooms on the lower levels. The room was nicely decorated and the hotel was really convenient to Yellowstone. Breakfast buffet was pretty good, front desk staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Milford, CT
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Our room was not quite as nice as the Jacuzzi suite pictures on TripAdvisor, but still nice. The bed was extremely comfortable, though the bedding was a bit too plush and warm for my husband. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful, even going so far as to call a local restaurant to check availability when we were looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary (320 Guest Ranch, see separate review).

The breakfast room was small and crowded, but we were lucky and managed to get a table every morning. Basic breakfast fare- cold cereals, mini muffins, breads & bagels, packaged oatmeal, bananas & apples, etc. They also had a waffle maker (which had some sort of sweet batter that was very tasty). We took advantage of indoor jacuzzi a couple of nights, which was great after a long day of walking/hiking in the park. It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room- there was also a coffee maker but it was too small to meet our needs, but that wasn't a problem because you can always get hot coffee or tea in the lobby. The hotel also has menus from local area restaurants at the front desk, you can borrow them to place delivery orders.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, though next time we will stay inside the park. Even though the hotel is only a couple of blocks from the park entrance, it's a 14-mile drive before you get to the main park road to head to the attractions. That ride is slowed by wildlife (several times we had bison walking right alongside the road!) and by wildlife watchers. So it takes a long time to get anywhere.

Bottom line, if you can't stay inside the park, this is a great alternative. It's about as close as you can possibly get tand it's a decent place and a good value.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vickifa
Canuck in Idaho
Reviewed 21 September 2010

This is a super basic hotel in a very popular location and the prices reflect the location and not the amenities. Our room was clean and we appreciated having 2 queens and a sleeper sofa so the kids were able to have their own beds. There is nothing fancy, nothing new or updated, but nothing horrible either. The breakfast room is very, very small compared the size of the hotel. If the hotel is fairly full you may be standing around waiting for a place to sit unless you come really early. It is very close to the entrance of the park, but so are several other hotels. I didn’t dislike this hotel, but if I was coming back to Yellowstone I would probably stay elsewhere.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lusciouskiwi
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Although price was a little dear (but you have to accept that given it is located in West Yellowstone less than a mile from the park entrance), I couldn't fault this place. Nice modern and clean rooms. Decent enough breakfast. Good indoor pool. Oh and by the way, if you have read in any guide books like me that West Yellowstone is a drab little town with a strip mall look - don't believe it. It is a tiny compact town with a good assortment of restaurants, gift shops and mix of old and new style motels/hotels. But it is picturesque, with a hint of the west in the establishments that have kept the rustic look, and the modern motels/hotels all seem well set out with green space between them.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lightbags
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Our experience was very mixed. On the good side, the rooms were comfortable and had a refrigerator and microwave, which were nice to have. I stayed in a King room with my wife and 8 month old baby and there was ample room. On the bad side, they made a mistake on my reservation and told us we would have to leave after the first of a two night stay. I booked the room over the phone 5 months in advance for a wedding and they said that I only booked the room for one night and would have to leave. I assured them that the reservation was made correctly and their agent had made a mistake and they said that I should have checked the confirmation closer. When I went back to the reservation in my inbox, I found that they had sent me the confirmation for someone else from another state in a different month. They said I should have caught the mistake but would be able to get me another room. This is where the real annoyance comes in. They said that I would have to pack up myself, my wife, my baby and all the items one has to travel with for a baby because there was a family checking in that wanted to have three room adjacent to each other. I asked them to move one of those guest down the hall so we wouldn't have to re-pack everything and they said they wouldn't because they had promised the adjoining rooms to these other folks that weren't even there yet. SERIOUSLY??!!! I have not recommended this hotel due to the fact that there are a number of hotels with as good a location and amenities. I think these folks should be trying to set themselves apart with customer service rather than passing the blame and inconveniencing their guests.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Zoesdad
Akron, OH
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We stayed here three nights and were pleased with the room. It was nice to have a frig and microwave and the internet service was adequate. The bed was very comfortable. The sink drain was slow and we called soon after we checked in. Since it was the weekend, no one was available Saturday night. By midmorning the next day, it was fixed and worked fine the rest of our stay. The only minor negative was the cold breakfast. Most other motels have had a hot breakfast but it wasn't a major problem. We quickly found the Running Bear Restaurant and ate there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SnowbirdAkron_OH
Western MA
Reviewed 7 August 2010

The Club House Inn in West Yellowstone was a fine hotel. The best features were the included breakfast, the pool and most of the desk staff. The breakfast included saffle batter and makers (a great idea!), bagels, english muffins, cold cereals, mini muffins, fruits, juices, milk and coffee. Everything was very good other than the coffee which was awful. The pool was very nice and clean. The room was clean, but included a small refrigerator and microwave which was nice. The beds were a bit hard. Their newer "sister" hotel, the Kelly Inn was right next door. It seemed newer and maybe a bit nicer, but breakfast is not included there. We would certainly stay here again if in West Yellowstone. It was worth the rate we paid.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family