Yellowstone West Gate Hotel
Best Western Weston Inn(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$344
Moose Creek Inn(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$224
Kelly Inn West Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$297
Holiday Inn West Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$319
US$280
Official Website
Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$653
US$396
Yellowstone Park Hotel(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$285
Gray Wolf Inn and Suites(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$269
TripAdvisor
Three Bear Lodge(West Yellowstone)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Brandin' Iron Inn(West Yellowstone)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmary loucomfort innroom was cleannice hotelsmall townlittle priceyin townbiscuits and gravyfresh fruitstay there againthe breakfast areafridge and microwavehot tubroad tripfree breakfasta great place to stayindoor pool
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Best hotel in West Yellowstone. Rooms are well appointed, housekeeping does an excellent job. Front desk: Melaine, Terry, Dawn and Jerry were very friendly and helpful. They always asked how our day had gone and were genuinely interested that we had a good stay. Marylou is great. We were there for 14 days and she always made sure we had everything we needed before she closed the kitchen. She kept the breakfast bar well stocked and always had a friendly smile for everyone. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
jschoenhard, General Manager at Yellowstone West Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for your commnets and staying with us during your visit to West Yellowstone. I will pass on your comments to our staff and I agree they do a great job.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I travelled to Yellowstone and decided to stop at West yellowstone as it was the closest to the park. By accident I found this Comfort Inn (As I had not booked hotels in advance) and what a find!! This hotel was excellent, the room were clean, tidy and in great condition. The staff (especially Melanie the manager) were excellent, kind, polite and helpful. The best part of the service was the staff's knowledge on the park: Where to go, what to see and especially where all the wildlife was and how to find them. Melanie told us exactly where the Elk were and that was exactly right and where the Bison were and again this was exactly right. This is a great hotel..Stop here, I know that the next time I am in West Yellowstone this is the place I will be stopping again and again.. Great Job, top Comfort Inn!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us. I will let our staff know about your comments. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Yellowstone.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I spent several nights at the Comfort Inn. The room was well furnished and comfortable and it was obvious that the hotel really had been recently remodeled. Breakfast was good and Mary Lou the breakfast lady was very efficient and helpful and worked very hard to keep everything running smoothly. Melanie the hotel manager was ever present with all sorts of good insight about things to do in town and things to do and see in Yellowstone park. I had a quick and easy check in and had a qhiet room on the third floor. Even though the hotel was pretty full it did not seem that crowded and noise from other rooms around me was minimal. All in all a good visit and I will definately stay here again on future visits to the area.

Room Tip: the third floor definately seems to be the quietest with no one above you and no ice machine rattling around.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us. Yes our property was recently remodeled with new furniture, floor and wall coverings, etc. Basically, we have a brand new property. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Nights eight, nine and ten of our 2012 road trip.
I find it hard to relate to some of the recent reviews but accept that personal opinion is what counts. We had very quiet rooms at the back of the hotel which were very typical of other Comfort properties. They were clean and comfortable, being a male I saw no problem with the size or design of the bathrooms which were well fitted and modern (what do you need a bathroom for other than what it is designed to do?). Reception wasn't too warming at the start but improved over time, we had no trouble with the luggage trolley, the pool etc was well worth the visit and the breakfast was fine. Poor Marylou was working her socks off one morning as it appears some bus tour operators do not advise their clientele that for that standard of hotel it is expected that the guests at least clear the table before vacating. If they want waitress service then they should pay for the service. As we were not in a hurry it might have been smart to enquire what time the bus parties were taking breakfast and avoid that time window. The hotel is at the far west end of town.which meant a drive to a restaurant but parking in town was easy. We are unlikely to return but I would use the Comfort again if we did, no problem. .

Room Tip: Take one at the back of the hotel, away from the car park, which is where we were.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments, Mary Lou does a great job for us in our breakfast room.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

While on a cross country road trip my wife and I wanted to visit Yellowstone Park and looked for accomodation within close proximity. We chose the Comfort Inn in West Yellowstone in order to take advantage of using our Choice Privileges Rewards Program points.

While our visit to Yellowstone Park was absolutely amazing, the Comfort Inn in our opinion was not. We did not find the front desk receptionist to be friendly or welcoming during check-in. We had a room on the second floor overlooking the front entranceway and parking lot. Unfortunately when I opened the window to let some fresh air in we would hear the noise and smell the cigarette smoke from other patrons standing outside near the entrance and underneath our window.

Upon checking into our room we found gum on the carpet and the bedspread had several stains on it. My wife notified the front desk and the gum was removed. We are not sure if the bedspread was changed, if it was it appeared to have stains as well.

The breakfast room was crowded and warm, however after a few minutes were able to get a seat. We are fortunate to have been able to use points for this room as I would have been upset had we paid the price they were asking and the value received. We were disappointed and would not recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

I am sorry to see that you were disappointed with your stay with us. We have a couple of tables and chairs that guests have been sitting at around the location that you described and we have just made this a non-smoking area based on recent comments we have received. Our breakfast room does get busing during the peak summer season and we are looking at adding more seating areas to accommodate the "rushes" in the morning. We do apprecaite your comments and will try to make corrections on the items you have talked about.