“Nice hotel for families”

Yellowstone West Gate Hotel
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
“Nice hotel for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had 2 double beds with a pull out sofa. The largest hotel room we ever had! Very nice fro a family of 5. Room was quiet. Beds were comfortable. With 3 kids, continental breakfast and swimming pool/hot tub was a plus. This looked like the best hotel in the area. None of the other hotels looked as new or nice in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Rick F
jgideonkellyinns, General Manager at Yellowstone West Gate Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your comment. We appreciate the feedback and we're happy you enjoyed your stay.
Janet Gideon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This property was at the west entrance to Yellowstone and only 30 miles away from Old Faithful which was what we were looking for. It was very clean with everything working in the room. The staff was very accommodating to every request we made. The laundry facilities were spotless and available for use at any time. We had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comment, we enjoy hearing from our guests. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you return soon.
Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel is located in the center of town and give all necessary services.
Wonderful service basic American breakfast.The rooms are comfortable and clean. Staff were kind and welcoming. Price per nigh/.t is a relatively high level of the hotel

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comment. During peak season, demand is very high, our rates reflect that. Spring and Fall are great times to visit Yellowstone, I hope you can take advantage of that season decrease and stay with us again. We look forward to your next visit.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

For nearly $300 a night, you would expect the wifi to work. You might also be surprised by the lack of circulation in the private bedroom that is not attached in any way to the room's AC unit. You might also expect the sink to not be located outside the bathroom. Small, expensive, hard beds.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comment. We listen and make improvements becasue of you.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked this room because it was the last night of a last minute trip to Yellowstone, and I had been staying in a hotel over an hour away. The room was expensive--about $275 per night, but not the $400 or so bucks per night of other hotels in the area, so I took the room cause I was sick of driving 100 miles just to get to the park. Also, I am from Utah and I have stayed at the Westgate resort in Park City several times, so I was hoping and expecting a similar quality here. I was please with the very friendly and helpful staff but disappointed in the room. This hotel is obviously remodeled from another name brand. It is older and dated. The room was not particularly large, even though it was advertised that way. I had a single queen. There was a microwave and fridge in the room, It was hot and the a/c was really loud. I had a window but the only view was an old wooden fence about 2 feet from the window. The room seemed to be clean, the bedding was okay. Wifi was very slow and took more than one attempt to connect. When I complained about it, I was told that there is only one server for all of West Yellowstone and it gets really slow at night. Once I connected, it was okay. I did not have breakfast or use anything else at the hotel. Like I said the staff was great, but the place is dated and in need of a full remodel and facelift. As it is now, it does not meet up to the Westgate standards. Would I stay there again? Yes if I could not find a comparably priced hotel in that area. Otherwise not.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comments. We are not a "Westgate Hotel", we are the Yellowstone West Gate Hotel and in the family of Kelly Inns. I'm sorry you were confused. I see that because of your last minute reservation, the only room still available was the barrier free single queen room. The bathroom in that guest room is larger to accomodate a wheelchair so the bedroom area is a smaller than our standard rooms. We were fully renovated 3 years ago in a modern decor with flat screen TV's, microwave, and mini fridge in each room. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Other than the lack of enough space and tables in the breakfast lounge everything was great! The only complaint I was have it the price. It was a little costly of a nightly rate. I would chose a less expensive hotel unless nothing else is available. The hotel host at night was friendly, but the day staff not as friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comments, they help us improve and we hope you will stay with us again when your visit West Yellowstone.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I usually try to rate based on experience/price. I think price is really important.
So, here it goes. The room was clean and nice. The walls were paper and I could hear the conversation of my neighbors. The first night there were children all around running (this is their parents fault, not the hotel's). Breakfast was ok, but there was NO fruit, just a fruit salad that looked like two months old (my thought, they don't put fruit so you don't steal it and take it to the park with you for free...). The first day we were not able to find a seat at any table. There are like 10 tables, for a really huge hotel. Our room was by the door and parking lot so I kept hearing people coming and going all night (I thought people in these places just went to the hotel to sleep and then go trekking in the morning, but it looks like they also like partying, hehehe).
I paid 249$ a night + taxes. If I had paid 90$ then my rating would be a 4, but paying this amount of money for this, is not worth it :(
The staff was super friendly, which is also super important to me.

1 Thank txilibrin
Thank you for your comments. We try to mention to guests that sometimes if they come down early for breakfast there is less of a crowd, when everyone tries to have breakfast at once it does get a bit busy. We have additional seating in the lobby, by the pool and outside. There is also a dining table and chairs in each room.