“A Room with a view”
Review of Chalet Motel

Chalet Motel
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Chalet. Diane at the front desk and Dale the owner couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. As others have said, the rooms are very clean, large, have comfortable beds, a good shower, and a flat screen TV. The location is excellent--an easy walk into the downtown area--and all the rooms (I think) have a view of Big Mountain. We definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gjear

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Very clean rooms. The beds were really comfortable and bedding was very nice. Room was large and furnishings were older but nice. The parking lot is extremely well lit. Front desk staff was so nice and friendly. The decor was in need of an update but we would definitely stay here again. Plan on eating breakfast at the Buffalo Cafe as its the best breakfast in town as the breakfast here is very minimal. This is an older property in need of an update.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2012

The front desk staff were very helpful. The rooms were typical and a little older but served the purpose. Very convenient location for Glacier NP. Also close to lots of other shopping and food. Several grocery stores, drug stores, etc. within a block. Very easy location to get in/out for a quick run to town or heading off to the park each day. Good ice machine, washer & dryer available, but we did not use. Able to drive up to door since we had room downstairs which was convenient to load/unload. Rooms older but clean and good beds. Cont. breakfast was poor but we grabbed muffins for later when we wanted something easy and quick to munch on while hiking. A/C was not great but didn't use much since it was getting colder and gone all day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank KIMWIN192
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The reception woman was wonderful and seemed to really enjoy her job. Our rooms were nice enough and were quite large. They need to do some updating and fix the creeky floors near the bathrooms so you won't fear falling through the floor.

Room Tip: All rooms were the same.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2012

A friend and I made a trip to Glacier National Park this summer (July). Three days out and three days to return, with temps of 100+ along the way. We were hoping for a nice place to stay outside of Glacier Park outside the west entrance in Whitefish. The motel and other evaluations were not what we envisioned when we arrived. Pool, yes but out of order; AC, yes, but not functioning very well; decore very basic. Good service however, as the crew were friendly and prompt. The evening clerk was helpful with ideas, directions, etc., but the owner (during the day) was not. The breakfast consisted of rolls or doughnuts, coffee, and juice.

Room Tip: Summer rates were $170/night for two double-sized beds. My daughter stayed 15 miles away in Kalispe...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Stayed here with my husband and 2 children, 6 and 8. Rooms were clean and were comfortable, although not the pillows. The AC unit was like a Mack truck in our room, so we just sweatedthrough thenight. Hot tub was out of order, so kids only swam in the pool, which is indoors but not heated. Staff was pleasant. Would probably stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I wanted a room and had been to two different motels in the area and they seemed to be booked. I entered the office at the Chalet Motel to purchase a room and the woman working was rude to me! I asked if there were any rooms available, she said yes. I asked if I could get one she said no! I was a bit confused so I asked why? She then asked if I had an i.d. so gave it to her and she said if you're from Kalispell you're here to party! She then continued to ask me if I had a credit card? Of course I did, two of them! She even asked what banks they were from? Huh? It was Sunday, 07/15/2012 @ 10:30pm when this happened and I was definitely discriminated! For the record I am a Whitefish resident and I wouldn't recommend your motel to any family and/or friends!

Room Tip: I was denied purchasing a room, I wouldn't know???
Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo