“Latitude 48”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean Style Bistro Upstairs. Comfortable, Chic Lounge and Bar Downstairs. All conveniently packaged in the heart of the breathtaking community of Whitefish, Montana. Red Room Basement Bar is open 2 hours later than dining room.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This may be a little expensive for some, but it is dependably one of the best restaurants in the Flathead Valley. The chef has a very creative menu which changes weekly, the food is always very good, and the service excellent. Often, I select the featured pizza, which is great, with a wonderful light crust. Their burgers are also very good. The past 2 times, I have had one of my favorite choices ever--a prosciutto wrapped grilled shrimp with tapenade to the side--really yummy!
One of our two favorite places to eat in Whitefish!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very good service. Average food. Had the Taglitelle which was ok. Companion had something that was bland. Should have taken friends advice to go to Tupelos.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I are in Whitefish about to begin an inter generational trip to Glacier National Park with our granddaughter, Simone.

Simone decided to try this restaurant based on the reviews and menu. We had pizza, grilled Caesar Salad, Calamari, Scallops, Shrimp, and beet salad. This was a small plate menu. In addition I had a Jalapeno Margarita.

Our problem was trying to decied which dish a enjoyed most, they were all fantastic, but that is a good problem.

Not only was the food great, but our server, Joy, was also great and the atmosphere was also very comfortable.

Our only regret is that they don't have a location near our home.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had read good things about this restaurant on TA and made a reservation in May for a dinner in July. The night before our reservation I received a call confirming me for the wrong night. When I insisted that my reservation was for the following night I was told the restaurant was fully booked. The hostess told me she would speak to the manager and try to correct the error. I was delighted to get a call back with an apology and a new reservation for the night I was supposed to have been booked for.

I am so glad this was corrected because this restaurant turned out to be our hands down favorite while in Whitefish and the Glacier National Park area. The menu has some very unique and flavorful offerings and everything we ordered was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Our group of 5 ordered several tapas dishes as well as entrees and every dish was excellent.

The quality of the food was matched by the quality of the service. Our server took an interest in explaining some of the dishes we were unfamiliar with and she also made several very good recommendations . Dishes were timed so that we did not feel rushed and so that we could sit between courses to sip our wine and just enjoy the dining experience.

This is a restaurant I would go back to in a heartbeat. Truly excellent.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our family had dinner at Lattitude 48 while on vacation. Without reservations, the staff was very accommodating and we were seated within 30 minutes. With our children, we had multiple selections from the small plates menu, all of which were unique and very tasty. My children wanted to go back again.