“Totally blown away.”
Review of Garden Wall Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Whitefish
Garden Wall Inn
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed here Halloween night and didn't really know what to expect especially since we don't typically stay at b&bs. We were blown away! When we arrived we were greeted with a warm fire, a delightful appetizer tray and cocktails. Chris, the Innkeeper, was so nice, super friendly and very knowledgable of the area. Very helpful when planning our day and activities. Our room was super clean, bed was comfy and the little extras like coffee at our door in the morning was a really nice touch. Rhonda, our host, and Chris were there the next morning to serve breakfast. Crepes, fresh fruit, fresh juice, and hot coffee started our day off on the right foot. We really enjoyed our stay and would absolutely recommend this place. It's a short walk into town and centrally located for Whitefish. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank LDeAug

Reviewed 21 October 2013

If you're looking for a cozy, relaxing B&B then this is the one. What can we say that hasn't already been said in other reviews? Perhaps just a few comments about what we enjoyed most. The Inn is an old home and it sits right on the main street that runs through Whitefish. When we arrived we were concerned that it may be a bit noisy. However, we were pleasantly surprised our first night at just how quiet it was. The traffic was barely noticeable and we never heard anyone in the rooms next to us. The Inn is just a short 5-10 minute walk from downtown Whitefish. Chris, the innkeeper, might possibly be the most hospitable person we've had the pleasure of spending time with. He's also very knowledgeable of local goings-on and history. Make it a point to converse with him. Every evening when we returned there was a cozy, warm fire to sit in front of and enjoy sherry, wine and appetizers. The coffee brought up to our room in the morning was delicious. And, the breakfast... well, we will say it's wonderful, but it just has to be experienced. We highly recommend the Garden Wall Inn and can't wait to stay again!

1  Thank Eric_Jessie
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I couldn't recommend this place more highly. We stayed at the Inn for a week, and it helped to make our trip to Glacier National Park one to remember.

First, innkeepers Chris and Rhonda are both professionally trained chefs, and the breakfasts that they make every morning were the best meals we had during our trip. Each meal comes with a fruit course made with locally grown fruit and artfully displayed, homemade muffins or scones with local fruit, and an amazing main dish like frittatas, huckleberry crepes, or stuffed french toast. A couple of mornings we had to leave before breakfast for early hikes, and they packed delicious continental breakfasts for us to go along with fresh coffee and OJ.

We were spoiled every morning with a tray of french press coffee delivered to our room 30 minutes before breakfast, with a fresh cut rose on the tray. Each evening, the the inn provides happy hour with beer, wine, sherry, veggies and cheese, and each night when we returned from dinner, Chris welcomed us back with a crisp fire and an offer of a nightcap. We also had turndown service each night with locally made chocolates.

Chris and Rhonda are super knowledgeable about every aspect of the area, from the park itself to Montana history, politics, and restaurants. Several days we asked about specific hikes that would fit our interests, and they were able to provide recommendations that suited our needs perfectly.

The location of the Inn is convenient to the restaurants and shops in Whitefish.

Most importantly, Chris and Rhonda are some of the warmest people we have ever met, and staying at the Inn was like staying with old family friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaime A
Reviewed 7 October 2013

When I drove up and saw the location on Hwy. 93 in town, I was worried I had made a mistake. However, as soon as the Innkeeper Chris opened the door and greeted us I started to change my mind. Here is what we found: 1. A cozy fire in the fireplace in the living room and wine offered. 2. The beds and bedding are luxurious. (My wife and I had a king bed in a room that was surprisingly quiet considering it was facing the road. The owners have put special sound-proofing in that really makes a difference). 3. Coffee and tea were delivered to our room 30 min. before breakfast. 4.Then came a scrumptious breakfast two morning is a row. 5. And maybe best of all (as others have said in their reviews) was the Innkeeper Chris. We live 50 miles away, and we learned so much from Chris even though we have been in this area for years. Try as I might, there is not one negative thing I can come up with in this review. Great place and both my wife and I highly recommend this B&B!

Room Tip: In the summer and you are going to open a window, maybe choose a room on the west side, away from th...
1  Thank flatheadvideo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Garden Wall Inn and Whitefish were incredible. We stayed there while exploring Glacier Park, which was a short drive away. The hosts at the Inn were incredibly helpful and extremely nice. They had tons of advice and great knowledge regarding the park, and also made sure to book tables for us at the best restaurants in town (There's a few of them - but Latitude 48 & Tupelo were amazing!). Whitefish was the most adorable American small town - You just want to move there and open up an antique store, it's ridiculous! The breakfast was delicious! The hosts were very talented chefs, and breakfast was enjoyed around a large table with the other house guests (only Americans), and conversations could go on for hours. A bit overwhelming for shy, quiet scandinavians, but never the less a fascinating experience! Morning coffee was served in the room just before breakfast, such a nice touch. And the room was clean and charming. There's really only good things to say about this B&B, as well as Whitefish and Glacier Park.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

It has all been said and the actual experience fully supports all the accolades, but I can't resist adding my own two cents! If you can get into this inn and it's within your budget or even a bit of a stretch, book it. You will not be disappointed. Chris is the ideal host--incredibly knowledgeable and helpful but not intrusive. Breakfasts were indescribably delicious. My only regret is that it is across the country from where I live!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Found this B&B using trip advisor reviews. Absolutely lovely! Chris and Rhonda were genuine, helpful and all around delightful. Snacks provided when we checked in and Chris offered to help us make a dinner reservation if we wished to eat somewhere busy. Coffee served in room half an hour before our breakfast seating was a great alternative to a "wake up call". Beautiful garden, cozy seating area, books galore!
And then...
Let's talk about the breakfast:
I'm a Celiac and have to eat a strict gluten free diet, this is not a fad for me, it is not a weight loss plan, it is a medical necessity. As such I do not expect to be able to eat what other people eat. I often settle for fresh fruit and coffee at breakfast.
Not at the Garden Wall Inn.
Rhonda created an apricot scone and gluten free crepes for me to enjoy. I can not explain how lovely it was to sit enjoying a beautiful breakfast with my fellow B&Ber's and feel so included in the meal. This alone would have been enough to bring me back. The lovely room and amazing hospitality were icing on the cake.
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge
#1 of 6 in West Glacier
Downtowner Inn
Downtowner Inn
#16 of 17 in Whitefish

Been to Garden Wall Inn? Share your experiences!