“The perfect B&B”
Review of Garden Wall Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Whitefish
Garden Wall Inn
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Charming decor..meticulous and authentic details. Convenient location near downtown...a great jumping off point to Glacier National Park and the Rockies. Breakfast is 5-star...farm to table philosophy. Coffee/tea (with a fresh rose and on a silver tray) is served in your room 1/2 hour before breakfast. Rhonda and Chris are experts on the Glacier area and have spot-on recommendations on routes and itineraries.

Without hesitation I recommend this Inn as a destination.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Garden Wall Inn

Reviewed 5 September 2010

It's true that the rooms are extremely comfortable, well appointed, and the breakfast is delicious but I found this B & B to be a bad fit for me. Wine or beer was offered when we arrived but I do not drink. In retrospect, I should have told them ahead of time that my "dietary preference" was warm cookies and cocoa. It was my birthday and there was a bottle of champagne in the room. It was very pretty in an ice bucket with a vase of flowers but I wish I could have traded it for a chocolate! We must have arrived too late for the hors d'oeuvres and we didn't find any chocolates on the pillow like other people mentioned. We found the room was cold (64 degrees). Also, their web site stated that it was 25 minutes to Glacier National Park but it's closer to 45 minutes. Of course, all these things might be perfectly fine with you. The Inn seemed to be running on a well-oiled script. But when they said "Let me know if you need anything," I didn't feel comfortable saying I wanted chocolates on my pillow or saying "Sure, can I have a mocha instead of plain coffee and can you pack up some muffins for my hike?" Yes, I'm being picky but I feel that a few tweaks would have made it worth the high cost.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nonfatMocha
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this gorgeous bed and breakfast. The location is excellent, just a short walk from downtown and the Amtrak train station. The rooms are very clean and charming. After a busy day, you can relax in the living room listening to classical music and sip some complimentary sherry. The breakfasts are delicious. Chris was very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. He really helped make my stay such a great one. I would most definitely come back to the Garden Wall Inn. What a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank pats80
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I can't say enough good things about the Garden Wall Inn. This is a very comfortable B & B in a neat little town. The rooms are fabulous, but the superlatives don't stop there. The owners, Chris and Rhonda, just do everything they can to make your stay perfect. But, it's not just their effort. They are gifted chefs. Therefore, the breakfasts are creative and so very tasty. They even get your input as to your diet and preferences. In early evening, guests are also treated to hors d'oeuvres along with wine/beer....a nice touch. And...maybe the best thing about this inn is that Chris and Rhonda are just wonderful hosts with a wealth of knowledge about the area and outdoor pursuits.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2010

This was our second visit to the Garden Wall Inn. We went back because of our first experience. The second visit surpassed the first. Chris took excellent care of us-gourmet breakfasts, early morning coffee in our rooms(complete with a rose) and nice hors d' oeuvres with wine/beer at tea time. The rooms are immaculate with wonderful amenities in the bathrooms. The location is a pleasant 3 block walk downtown. It is a perfect base to visit Glacier Nat. Park, Bigfork and Whitefish. Go!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Garden Wall Inn for two nights. I had mentioned that our arrival date was my birthday when I made the reservation. Without any prompting, a bottle of champagne was on ice in our room. Chris, the Innkeeper, greeted us warmly and had a platter of cheese, crackers and salmon dip as well as glasses of sherry (or wine or beer) to enjoy fireside. The Inn is a turn of the century house which has been tastefully updated and decorated. Our bathroom was lush- a giant clawfoot tub with a huge shower-head as well. Nice soft sheets, towels and bathrobes too. Breakfast was wonderful each morning, as Rhonda is a professionally trained chef. Rhonda easily chatted with us about the local farmers market and the community building that is going on in Whitefish. The Garden Wall Inn is the perfect example of why B&Bs can be so wonderful to stay in- great service, hospitality and a truly comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Chris was friendly, welcoming and very professional. Everything was spotless and all details taken care of. Rooms spacious and tastefully decorated, bathroom was positively decadent. Breakfast was amazing and just what we needed on the first day of our holiday. The shared living space downstairs containing books, brochures and games was a boon as the kids played happily while we rested. Town is 3 walking blocks away which made walking to dinner easy. Loved the place, would happily go back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
The Firebrand Hotel
#15 of 17 in Whitefish
Glacier Guides Lodge
Glacier Guides Lodge
#1 of 6 in West Glacier

Been to Garden Wall Inn? Share your experiences!