“Are you kidding!”
Review of Whitefish KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitefish
Whitefish KOA
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We booked here for three nights and left after one. At $90 a night I expected better.

No cable and wifi that does not work. First we went to the site and ours was impossible to level a trailer on so we asked if we could move and they said no . I was pretty upset the next day when the two sites beside us remained empty and we couldn't have moved to one of those more level sites . I think we were in 63 so be sure to avoid since it's on such a slant it took us two hours to try to level out. And the water pressure was non existent. Then I asked about cable and wifi to which the lady replied tell my kids to go outside and play! That was not the point as I was paying. $90 a night I figured I could at least have the service to check my email for work before bed! Secondly comparing to other koa camping and rates this was simply not worth the money. Breakfast was good however but the pool was designed for small children as well as the blow up equipment. This would be good for families with small children and not teenagers who need more than a four foot pool to occupy them. The paddle boats are in green slew water and I would not advise going near it. Not impressed and staff the first day not as helpful and friendly as other koa sites however when we checked out early the staff in the morning was much friendlier .

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank saskatoongirl28
There are newer reviews for Whitefish KOA

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stay at many KOAs in our USA travels and this one was superb. On check in we were not happy with the sun exposure of the deluxe site and were moved to a different site with no trouble at all. Very friendly and helpful staff. Our new site was like having our own little yard. Fantastic and relaxing.

Free breakfasts were very good. Much appreciated and quite surprising. Very similar to hotel offerings.

KOA bikes were available to use at no charge. Also quite surprising compared to other KOAs.

Would come back here for sure.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It was my second time and my bf's first at this KOA and it was incredibly enjoyable. We both agreed that the best part of this campground was the amazing customer service and friendliness of the staff. Everyone we encountered gladly greeted us with warm smiles and were always ready to help! The cleanliness of the grounds, ESPECIALLY the washrooms were impeccable (OCD approved!)!! There were a lot of activities to do in the area and even just on the grounds. We found ourselves thoroughly entertained throughout our 4-day stay! We made a lot of friends and countless memories! I would definitely recommend this campground to others (especially families) travelling into the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This KOA is halfway between Whitefish and Kailspell. It is a nice one. There is a swim area (we didn't use) and a hot tub. The hot tub isn't a little dirty and is filled with a water hose. We learnt to turn the hot tub on to max timer before leaving for dinner and then when you get back it's fully warmed up. The cabins are nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here with my fiancé, my sister and her husband and their two small kids. Campsite itself is nice and quiet but poorly managed. The kids of the campsite manager ripped around on golf carts with loaded guns and shot gophers all over the campsite. The parents were not where too be found so we talked to the kids as we were concerned about guns being shot off around children and they ignored us and continued to drive around shooting.

The bathrooms were not clean and the playground was covered in donkey fees as they roam around the campsite. The pool was not open there was not breakfast provided and the managers when we were able to find them did not seem to care.

We stayed for one night and left to go to another campground, not worth your time or money and won't be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jessica79075
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were supposed to camp at the Whitefish Lake State Park campground, which we had called beforehand and had been assured was open until September 28. When we arrived there on the afternoon of September 21, we were greeted by barricades at the campground entrance and signs that said it was closed for the season due to road resurfacing. Nice. So we ended up calling the Whitefish KOA, and talked to one of the managers, Gail. Gail was extremely friendly and helpful, and sorted us out with a tenting spot at a reduced shoulder-season rate even though they were starting to shut the campground for the season. Our tent site was clean and functional, with a smooth ground area for the tent and a picnic bench and fire pit. Fire wood and ice were available from the office, for a reasonable fee. The Whitefish KOA doesn't have any stunning lake views or anything like that, we had views of RVs and the bathroom building, but it is functional and we loved that they had ponies, donkeys, llamas and calves from the petting zoo grazing the area during the day!! The bathrooms were very clean and the showers had fabulously hot water. Overall, we were happy with our stay and grateful that Gail helped us out so much when the State Park let us down!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Its KOA, and i generally like them, but this one seemed the most like i was at a family reunion of people I didn't know as the sites are squished together, the big breakfast area is crazy and i wish the free breakfast was changed up every couple days, kids dangerously cruising on those mini-bike things(I saw a kid come down the hill and flip on end over end, firepit loudness past 11pm (why do so many Albertans think I wanna hear your country music?).
I would stay there again with young kids as there are a few fun activities for them but the mini golf is tired looking, the pool is NOT for teenies as it is shallow, the 1980s videogames unfortunately are mostly unplugged and out of order. Everyone broke the adults only hottub rule so we did too.
The free frisbee golf course is super for a kid to learn on, was dead the entire 7 days we stayed there so that was wonderful.
Easy access to Kalispell shopping and eating, only 15 minute drive down the road.
The staff are very helpful and friendly, any unclean bathroom is the fault of parents who have not shown their children how to be clean in a public washroom.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WelcomeMat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
Kandahar Lodge
Homewood Suites by Hilton Kalispell, MT
Hampton Inn Kalispell
Hampton Inn Kalispell
#3 of 20 in Kalispell

Been to Whitefish KOA? Share your experiences!