“Better for Younger Kids”
Review of Whitefish KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitefish
Whitefish KOA
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were at the KOA for 3 nights. It is close to lots of activities. It is nice that almost all activities are included. No additional fees for bikes or breakfast. Our kids (13, 15, 17) were a little old for the pool and such. The grade school set was having great fun, there is even a bouncy slide!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Sites were packed together, booked 7 months in advance for an 11 night stay and they gave us a site that was so small we couldn't put our slides out or our awning and they wouldn't move us,all the wood decks needed repairs,the huge kids park they talk about on their website had 4 things in it and nothing a child under 5 years old could go on, the place was infested with wasps and 2 of us were stung, no speed limit for the staff on their golf carts as they flew through the campground, many staff stayed on site in their trailers and would wait for people to leave and take any fire wood that was left for themselves, $6 for 4 pieces of fire wood, not worth the $60+ a night they charge, people in the overflow were charged $60 a night, the only good thing was the free breakfast every morning. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Maybe Im the wrong audience, this place was crammed to capacity with tents, all kinds of RV's and rental kabins. But it was jammed, I watched many people in "pull throughs" struggling to get their rigs even lined up for departure. Many times our neighbor had to move their truck to let another RV get past.
We stayed in one of their kamping kabins, no facilities except light, heat and beds. Bring your own sleeping bags etc. But it was OK, just spendy.
All guest get a free breakfast, it wasnt as bad as some write about, there were wholewheat breads and english muffins and cereals. The fruit bowl did look sad.
Would I go back, no, but as I said, I'm not the target audience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This campground is very dirty. The pool had multiple bandaids stuck to the floor and chewed gum stuck to the side. The pool changing rooms has holes in the ceiling with insulation falling out . Half of the bathrooms don't have locks on the stalls and none of the hand driers work in any of the bathrooms. The drains in the shower aren't secure and are usually found anywhere on the shower floor. The faucets in the sinks don't have filters on the faucet so when you turn the taps on the water sprays everywhere. Found this on 90% of the sinks. The game hall is an absolute joke. NONE of the video games work and when people asked for their quarters back they were denied. The pool table, the ping pong table and the air hockey table are broken. They have two computers in which one is unbearably slow, the other broken. The price to stay at this campground is extremely expensive. We stayed in a tent with no hookups and paid $55 a night. This is our second time here and we knew it would be a dump coming back to it. The only reason why we go is because of its proximity to Whitefish Mountain and the local beach and because our children love the petting zoo, the pool and the bouncy castles. The breakfast is average, the staff is average and the tent sites in T1, T2, T3, T4 are very good. I was nervous when I saw a few pitbull dogs on the grounds. I found the tent sites to be relatively quiet. Twice the campground had backed up plumbing and the entire grounds smelled like sh**. None of the toilets flushed. Because it is so run down I don't think we will be going back. It was fun for our children for two years but I think it is time we explore somewhere else. Hope this review helps.

Room Tip: Tent sites T1, T2, T3, T4a, T4b, very good. Avoid T5
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We booked into what the campground referred to as a "park model" trailer. We paid over $200 per night and were incredibly disappointed with what we found. The trailer was a travel trailer circa 1985. Although it was clean, it was not well-maintained. The furnace didn't work at all, the awning was jammed part way open, and the kitchen drawers were falling apart. The mattress was awful, so sleep was difficult. After several complaints and one attempt to fix our issues, we were offered a free night's stay on our next visit. We appreciated the gesture, but would have appreciated a more updated and well-maintained trailer even more. Although this campground has a lot of fun things to offer the kids, the accommodations are very disappointing for the price. The location is great, but not really worth the cold nights on a hard mattress.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We booked here for three nights and left after one. At $90 a night I expected better.

No cable and wifi that does not work. First we went to the site and ours was impossible to level a trailer on so we asked if we could move and they said no . I was pretty upset the next day when the two sites beside us remained empty and we couldn't have moved to one of those more level sites . I think we were in 63 so be sure to avoid since it's on such a slant it took us two hours to try to level out. And the water pressure was non existent. Then I asked about cable and wifi to which the lady replied tell my kids to go outside and play! That was not the point as I was paying. $90 a night I figured I could at least have the service to check my email for work before bed! Secondly comparing to other koa camping and rates this was simply not worth the money. Breakfast was good however but the pool was designed for small children as well as the blow up equipment. This would be good for families with small children and not teenagers who need more than a four foot pool to occupy them. The paddle boats are in green slew water and I would not advise going near it. Not impressed and staff the first day not as helpful and friendly as other koa sites however when we checked out early the staff in the morning was much friendlier .

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank saskatoongirl28
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stay at many KOAs in our USA travels and this one was superb. On check in we were not happy with the sun exposure of the deluxe site and were moved to a different site with no trouble at all. Very friendly and helpful staff. Our new site was like having our own little yard. Fantastic and relaxing.

Free breakfasts were very good. Much appreciated and quite surprising. Very similar to hotel offerings.

KOA bikes were available to use at no charge. Also quite surprising compared to other KOAs.

Would come back here for sure.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family