“Great place to grab tasty chicken!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Shak
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: Southern Fried Chicken, Hickory Smoked BBQ, Catfish, Shrimp and Awesome Loaded Smoked Potatoes.Voted #1 in Whitefish for dinner on a budget! Our customers also voted us #1 in the Flathead Valley for BBQ and Southern Fried Chicken. We are also now serving Catfish,a South Louisiana favorite I guarantee.....
“Great place to grab tasty chicken!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Aye in the restaurant and have also grabbed takeout from here as well. Chicken is always hot and tasty way better than any of the big franchises! Last time we ate there we had a few wing pieces that still had several feathers on them which my sister found horrifying but I didn't think was a big deal. All in all if you want a quick hot meal it's worth a stop. If your looking for fancy or healthy take a pass

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Samaidensmom

“Fresh and juicy fried chicken.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Chicken is cooked to order so nothing is dried out. Very friendly people. The price is very reasonable.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank hov50
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Came back for more... and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The food is amazing! So much flavor! Sherry was such a sweetheart too. I thought the closure of the national parks would sour my trip, but she gave me a few suggestions that were right up my alley. And beqare the spicy sauce, it seems tame at first, but it sneaks up on you and gets quite hot.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Anthony T
Alberta
“Get the Chikin!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

The Chikin beats the pants of the franchises! Just remember, when you order, you gets true sized pieces, not like the chain restaurant. We enjoyed it all, the hush puppies, pickles, Chikin, brisket, all of it. When we ordered the Chikin, the lady said it would be 15 minutes, and did we mind. Of course not! I will always wait for fresh cooked food, but I appreciate being informed. The decor could use some refreshers, but the food was great.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Amanda_and_Lee
“Tasty southern comfort and hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I've been to the shak twice now and the service has been exceptional both times. The food is great try the smoked tater salad and fried pickle sides! The ribs are tender and the shrimp po boy fantastic!

• Visited September 2013