Grouse Mountain Lodge
Garden Wall Inn(Whitefish)
  • Restaurant
Chalet Motel(Whitefish)
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf courseglacier national parkfree shuttleshuttle servicedowntown whitefishhot tubloft roomindoor poolclose to townski hillwest sidefitness centersun roadbeds were comfortableminute driveoff seasonbig mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We're the kind of people that never visits the same place twice, we even don't like driving the same road home twice in a row.
But that was before we visited this place. We love Whitefish, we love the lodge and we will be back for our third visit, that's for sure.

The staff was very helpful. We arrived and we didn't realize that not all rooms had the same layout and this time our bathroom had a tub instead of a walk-in shower. As I have a disability it would mean that showering was going to be challenging. We called the front desk and the lady took care of us and just 10 minutes later we had a room that had the same layout that the last one.

We love hanging out in the village, it's such a cute little town with lovely stores and wonderful restaurants.

So, we will be back, again :)

Room Tip: All rooms have recently been updated.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Most of my opinions would be the same as the review by Calgary Tripper, but we didn't have a problem with the cleanliness of our rooms. We were very disappointed with the hot tub, were very pleased with the service we received from the time we were picked up at the airport until we were returned to the airport. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful . The food we had was better than what we had at the golf course across the street that was recommended by many of the people we asked. The value is rated based on Groupon rates. The location would have been too remote if it weren't for the great shuttle service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank M8ternal
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were happy with our stay here, beautiful property, very friendly and helpful staff, good food, good location, large rooms, great beds. They offer a shuttle bus down town that runs late at night. It's less than a 5 minute drive, but too far to walk. They also offer a shuttle to the hill. A few things we were disappointed with, more so because this is a "nicer" hotel and I had expectations. The pool was cold, the hot tub jets didn't work, and it wasn't very clean. You can also access the hot tub from the front deck, and in the 3 nights we stayed there, we saw people parking at the end of the hotel and walked the golf course to "poach" the hot tub. So people using it, are not necessarily staying at the hotel and paying for the amenities like you are. Also, not the cleanest hotel I've stayed in. Hair's on the bathroom floor when we got there and there was a shampoo bottle seal on the shelf in the shower…making me wonder how well the shower was cleaned. The soap was clearly left over from the previous people, and maybe the people before that, the soap box was dusty and had stains on it. I'm not saying the hotel was dirty, just expected more from a hotel of this scale and price. On the bright side, you can opt out of housekeeping during your stay and get vouchers for their restaurant, which was really good. Overall we were happy, a few things could be improved, mainly with cleanliness, but we would still stay here again for what we paid ( using a groupon)

Room Tip: This hotel is a stone throw form the road….we had the windows open a few times and it was noisy, not so much a problem in the winter, but in the summer, with windows open the road would annoy me at night
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Booked a 3 night stay for a great price through groupon. Got what I paid for I suppose. Room is decent size, but very poorly lit. Beds were only fulls not queens. Bed was very uncomfortable. I had hip pains in the morning, and I don't ever have pains like that. Thought it was a fluke, but 3 nights in a row confirmed it.

People upstairs were letting their 4 kids run what sounded like a track meet. People in the room next to us decided midnight was a great time to play hip hop music loud enough to shake my glass on the nightstand. Had to call the front desk for this. Security did put a stop to it so that was a plus.

Reserved a spot at the easter brunch only to get a message later, which we couldn't play because the phone didn't work, telling us that they couldn't fit us in until 4 hours after our reservation.

Room service hadn't cleaned our room at 4pm the first day. When we went to the front desk, because the phone didn't work, we were told "I don't think they will have time". I grabbed towels off the cart in the hall as I walked by.

Hot/cold were reversed on the shower, despite actually being labeled properly. The counter in the bathroom still has the measurements from when the stone was cut written on it in marker.

I am sure I could say more but I think you get the point.

I come to Whitefish a couple times a year, but I won't be staying here when I return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We checked in, service was average, though the bellman was super friendly. The tv didn't work, WIFI didn't work; constantly booted us off. The bar closed early (we went down at 11pm but the binder in the room said it was open until 12am). It wasn't. The best part is that the hotel website says there is a video arcade. We asked for directions to it at the front desk and they told us they haven't had one in 2 years. FYI There is absolutely no soundproofing in this hotel either. Looking for a romantic night with your partner? Stay elsewhere. Unfortunately we're here for 2 more nights as the town is full and we pre-paid.

• Stayed: April 2014