“Great Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hidden Moose Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitefish
Hidden Moose Lodge
Ranked #2 of 11 Whitefish B&B and Inns
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Great Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

After coming through Glacier National Park, we stay 2 nights at this quaint lodge and loved it. The great room felt just like a Montana house and our bedroom was great with a large bathroom. There was a nice balcony outside our room to sit and relax. We sat outside on the back porch and relaxed to the sounds of the water feature. The breakfast in the morning was very good and the staff was very nice as well. If we come back to Whitefish, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiddenMooseLodge, Public Relations Manager at Hidden Moose Lodge, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear "Pacermom"

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the Hidden Moose Lodge. We appreciate it very much and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll come back to Whitefish again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We just recently stayed at the Hidden Moose Lodge and found it to be absolutely wonderful. Lauren checked us in and gave us dining ideas while we sipped our wine. She is a wonderful cook and baker. There were cookies in the evening and the most delicious breakfast each morning. The food was truly outstanding as was the room and service. The room was large yet cozy and tastefully decorated. Bed and bedding very comfy. The owner took his time to help us with a hike, which we thoroughly enjoyed. I would highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiddenMooseLodge, Public Relations Manager at Hidden Moose Lodge, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Karen,
Thanks so much for your kind review. I'll pass on your compliments to Lauren, who made some chocolate chip/peanut butter gluten free cookies to-die-for. [I'll have to hike a few extra miles to work those off!] Thanks again and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We would highly recommend the Hidden Moose Lodge for your stay in Whitefish. The room was big, with a jacuzzi in the spacious bathroom, and breakfast in the beautiful kitchen/dining area/great room was wonderful. You won't go wrong staying here with Kent guiding you thru the wonderful places to see and hike in Glacier.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear "Kentucky Travelers",
Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate it. One of the fun things about living near Glacier National Park, is going on all the hikes and visiting "off the beaten" path attractions - so we can advise our guests of some of the unique places to go... all in the name of research! It's a tough job, but someone has to do it! We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was very lucky to get their last available room for three nights during my journey up to Whitefish. Upon checking in Ken and the young man helping him were very nice. Showed me my room, took my bags there for me.
I was in a room in the main building at the end of the hall from the kitchen and living area. This place really felt like I was staying in someones house...and everyone there was so friendly and helpful. I thought I might be able to hear kitchen noises because my room was so close, but the only thing that woke me up was the smell of cooking food (not a bad way to wake up). Never heard the staff preparing breakfast.
The room was spacious and clean. Mine had a HUGE Jacuzzi tub which is just what the Dr ordered after 10 hours in GNP.
Free wine/beer at Happy Hour, nice touch! Kim, assisted me with hiking trails in GNP and gave me great advice on a place to eat on the St. Mary's side of the park. Everyone was so friendly and helpful.
This was my first time staying in Whitefish and I will definitely come back and be booking at the Hidden Moose. If you want something more intimate and personal, I would highly recommend this place.
Oh forgot to add, if you leave early for the park (before breakfast is served) they will give you a to-go breakfast which is waiting for you on the counter as you leave. The cooked breakfast was to die for....fresh fruit, great coffee and this french toast that you would pay top dollar for at any restaurant.
I

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cruz404
Dear "Cruz404",

Thanks for your kind review, especially the part where you felt like you were staying at someone's house. That is the feeling and friendly service we aim to provide all of our guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at the Hidden Moose Lodge for a week last week and had a great stay! When we checked in on Friday, the owners' daughter, Klaire, was there and showed us to our rooms and made sure everything was to our satisfaction--and reminded us to come get a glass of wine or beer as soon as we had unpacked! We stayed in the Big Sky Suite for the first 4 nights and really enjoyed it! The weather was warm and the A/C rather weak, but Klaire suggested that we leave the drapes closed during the day, which solved the problem. They don't usually have the warmth like last week so don't need our Texas-style A/C! We knew in advance that we would likely have to move for our last 3 nights and when I asked Klaire the evening before, she said she would check. A few minutes later, she knocked on our door with a bag of ice, saying, "I know you always want ice, so I just brought it for you!" Nice touch. We packed up our things in the morning and they were moved to our Jacuzzi room when we returned in the late afternoon--including taking the food from the cooler and putting it in the new room's refrigerator! We missed our suite, but the new room was fine with comfortable bed and porch. Breakfasts were excellent--we especially enjoyed the breakfast pizza and the quiche--and the beautiful and delicious fruit each morning. One small suggestion would be to offer yogurt and granola option daily as an alternative to the regular menu. The owner, Kent, was very helpful each morning, asking about our previous days and offering suggestions for each day's plan. Overall, a great stay!

Room Tip: The Big Sky Suite is great!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Deborah,
Thank you for taking the time out to review us on Trip Advisor... and such a kind review at that. We're glad you had such a good time and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I called the Hidden Moose Lodge on August 5, 2013 to reserve a room for one night on October 5, 2013. My wife and I have stayed here a number of times before and have always enjoyed our stay. The gentleman I spoke with began by telling me that it was "pretty far out" and that they preferred to make reservations for between three and five days instead of the one day that we planned on. In addition, he told me that if he gave me the reservation that they would potentially lose the whole weekend if another party wanted to reserve the same room for the same date. He then told me to call one of the local motels who could serve my needs in a better fashion.

Needless to say I was upset. The B&B would prefer to lose a customer with a guaranteed reservation hoping for a more profitable reservation that may never occur. Honestly, during our stays in the Spring and Fall we have never seen the B&B filled to capacity.

My wife and I spoke about this and have decided that we will not be returning to the Hidden Moose Lodge ever again. We will give our business to another B&B who will appreciate and accept our one or two night reservations.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MZoo60
HiddenMooseLodge, Public Relations Manager at Hidden Moose Lodge, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear "MZoo60",
We are sorry to lose you as a customer. It is a challenge juggling reservations to maximize our capacity. During the weekend you wanted to stay, there is the Great Northwest Oktoberfest happening in Whitefish, which is a large draw for out of town visitors, and we anticipate being full for the weekend. Of course, it is a gamble, but we have our historical records to go by. I hope you can understand, and we apologize that we disappointed you and your wife by not being able to accept your reservation.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I happened to find this place online and they happened to have availability - wow, were we lucky!
Beautiful Lodge, great room, fabulous breakfast, helpful staff - all good. It is kind of a hefty drive to the Park but we have no regrets.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks "Arturo2011" - we're glad you happened to find us! Welcome back any time.