Booked a Viking room with a King Sized bed and a view of the wildlife preserve through Expedia but when we entered our room it had a great view of, the parking lot. I mean we were right up against the lot with only a small strip of grass and sidewalk between our window and the concrete. When I called the front desk they informed me that because I booked on-line they did not have to honor the view request. When I reviewed my on-line reservation print out I was surprised to find out that they were right, my reservation stated that our request will be sent to the hotel but that it may not be honored. Why did they even give me a view option then? This just seems like a great way to set guests up for disappointment. Since we did not know if this was the hotel’s booking issue or Expedia’s we just closed the curtains the whole time we were there and moved on.
The room was not very large but was well appointed and quite nice with a fireplace and flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable and the linens were top of the line. The bathroom was quite large almost the same size as the rest of the room. There was a large bath tub and separate granite shower stall with lots of towels. The room was not the cleanest with dust on the baseboards and sills and the last occupant’s toenails still in the carpet. My husband was disappointed that he couldn’t get the fireplace to kick on, but that may have just been user error (grin).
The main section of the hotel (over the sky bridge) had a nice atmosphere and some great views of Whitefish Lake. In the morning we found a quiet section of the hotel next to the coffee bar with comfy chairs overlooking the lake and once we were the only ones left, we turned off the TV and spent the rest of our morning there.
The Viking section of the hotel really had nothing more to offer other than a main commons area with a large TV, a hot tub and the individual guest rooms.
The biggest disappointment of the whole trip was that the hot tub in the Viking section was down for “maintenance/cleaning” the entire time we were staying at the hotel. This was a real disappointment in April when there really was not much else to do at the hotel and/or Whitefish in the evenings. To make matters worse, when we changed into our suits to hot tub in our section of the hotel and saw that it was unavailable we hiked all the way to the other side of the hotel to use their hot tub and couldn’t believe that it was also down for “maintenance/cleaning”. We called the front desk on multiple occasions throughout our stay to ask when the hot tub would be up and running only to hear that it will be ready in “a few hours” each time. Unfortunately, the tub was not running until the last night of our stay but by 9pm the water still hadn’t warmed up enough for us to soak in (the hot tub facility is outside so it must take quite a while to heat up).
Overall: Overall I think the rooms at this hotel are nice but the facilities and the staff definitely kept me from feeling like I got my money’s worth. I don’t think we will be staying here again and I would definitely recommend that unless you need to stay in Whitefish that you choose another hotel in Woods Bay or Kalispell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is a mile from downtown Whitefish between Whitefish Lake and the Viking Creek Wetland Preserve. Offering classic hotel rooms in our Viking Lodge, suites in our main Lodge, Lakefront condominiums, and the Viking Creek Luxury Homes, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake has the perfect lodging accommodation for a wide variety of guests! On-site amenities and services include the Boat Club Lounge & Restaurant, the Spa at Whitefish Lake offering full day spa services, the Coffee Dock Cafe, (seasonal) Lakefront Tiki Bar, the full-service Marina at Whitefish Lake, Viking Falls indoor pool & hot tub, Lakefront hot tub and seasonal outdoor pool, concierge services, the Mercantile at the Lodge, airport, downtown & ski shuttle service, complimentary valet service, and free parking. As Montana's only AAA Four-Diamond rated property, we look forward to having you as our guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lodge at Whitefish Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Whitefish Lake Hotel Whitefish
- Hotel Whitefish Lake
- Resort Whitefish Lake
- Lodge At Whitefish Lake Montana