Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Downtowner Inn(Whitefish)
Garden Wall Inn(Whitefish)
Chalet Motel(Whitefish)
1,155 results
All reviewswhitefish lakeboat clubsky bridgegas fireplaceviking buildingstuffed bearboat housefree valet parkingsoaking tubski clubbedroom condolarge bathroomglacier national parkmain buildingcoffee barbeautiful settingfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the lodge for our honeymoon and we were in awe of the beautiful rooms and views. We received such great customer service, they have a daily shuttle and rental cars available on site. We will definitely plan another trip and stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank mcdonaldw
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Fantastic!! Everything was perfect from Cristinna the Concierge helpfulness before and after booking, to the meals in the Boat Club, to the cute little bear who greeted us on our bed. It is a great value year round, but an exceptional one during off-season rates. My only complaint would be that I would have expected the towels to be fluffier...and, if that is my only complaint, it should certainly speak to the quality of the experience. First-rate all around and the perfect jumping off point for exploring the Valley or traveling to Glacier National Park. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mjs1977
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Checking In:
Booked a Viking room with a King Sized bed and a view of the wildlife preserve through Expedia but when we entered our room it had a great view of, the parking lot. I mean we were right up against the lot with only a small strip of grass and sidewalk between our window and the concrete. When I called the front desk they informed me that because I booked on-line they did not have to honor the view request. When I reviewed my on-line reservation print out I was surprised to find out that they were right, my reservation stated that our request will be sent to the hotel but that it may not be honored. Why did they even give me a view option then? This just seems like a great way to set guests up for disappointment. Since we did not know if this was the hotel’s booking issue or Expedia’s we just closed the curtains the whole time we were there and moved on.
Room:
The room was not very large but was well appointed and quite nice with a fireplace and flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable and the linens were top of the line. The bathroom was quite large almost the same size as the rest of the room. There was a large bath tub and separate granite shower stall with lots of towels. The room was not the cleanest with dust on the baseboards and sills and the last occupant’s toenails still in the carpet. My husband was disappointed that he couldn’t get the fireplace to kick on, but that may have just been user error (grin).
Facilities:
The main section of the hotel (over the sky bridge) had a nice atmosphere and some great views of Whitefish Lake. In the morning we found a quiet section of the hotel next to the coffee bar with comfy chairs overlooking the lake and once we were the only ones left, we turned off the TV and spent the rest of our morning there.
The Viking section of the hotel really had nothing more to offer other than a main commons area with a large TV, a hot tub and the individual guest rooms.
The biggest disappointment of the whole trip was that the hot tub in the Viking section was down for “maintenance/cleaning” the entire time we were staying at the hotel. This was a real disappointment in April when there really was not much else to do at the hotel and/or Whitefish in the evenings. To make matters worse, when we changed into our suits to hot tub in our section of the hotel and saw that it was unavailable we hiked all the way to the other side of the hotel to use their hot tub and couldn’t believe that it was also down for “maintenance/cleaning”. We called the front desk on multiple occasions throughout our stay to ask when the hot tub would be up and running only to hear that it will be ready in “a few hours” each time. Unfortunately, the tub was not running until the last night of our stay but by 9pm the water still hadn’t warmed up enough for us to soak in (the hot tub facility is outside so it must take quite a while to heat up).
Overall: Overall I think the rooms at this hotel are nice but the facilities and the staff definitely kept me from feeling like I got my money’s worth. I don’t think we will be staying here again and I would definitely recommend that unless you need to stay in Whitefish that you choose another hotel in Woods Bay or Kalispell.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Mtnbum
Reviewed 29 March 2011

When we arrived by air and were greeted by the owners at the airport I knew we were in for a great week and they sure did spoil us all week long. Our condos and hotel rooms were first class and the same for the breakfast and dinners. We all really enjoyed the hot tub after a day of skiing. The bar was a lot of fun, with great drinks and top notch service. Our bartender Chappy was a gem! The shuttle service to the mountain and downtown was excellent and always on time. The locals were so friendly and always smiling. The prices on the mountain and in town for food and drinks were very reasonable. We will be back very soon! Thanks for a great trip.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank NationwideFrank
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Was here with the Skiwi Ski Club from Detroit and we had an awesome week! The Lodge is great, we stayed in the Viking rooms which were some of the best I have ever stayed at in 20 years of Western skiing. The bed was very comfortable and service was great. Our main valet guy was Sean and he was the best! Our hosts, Brian and Fabienne (sp?) were the very best, very accommodating and pleasant. Slopeside is nice (actually very nice) but if you are not going to stay there then stay at the Lodge which is half way between the mt. and town. Town was fun, the Country bar, Great Northern and the Bulldog (check out the bathroom! best burger too!) are must visits. Everyone in town was very friendly on the bus and all over. Big Mountain itself has lifts that allow expert and intermediate skiers to use the same lift and ski different terrain and still meet up with each other. My only regret was not doing Bighorn, especially when I met an 11 year old on the plane ride back who did it! We had awesome weather, 3 sunny days out of 6 and 10" of powder (1 dump was 5-6" and then a few other snowfalls) for the week.

But back to the lodge, very nice, actually excellent! We had the breakfast option and the buffet was a great deal with great food! The restaurant is top notch and the food is worth the money with good sized portions and plenty of flavor! They have 2 hot tubs, the large one is HUGE and with a GREAT view of the lake and mt. in the background, we watched deer crossing the frozen lake nightly from the big tub. The Viking has it's own hot tub and a stone gas fire ring which is a lot of fun to sit around at night. The Viking also had an annex area where we had a trip party, very nice!

I highly recommend the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. The stay at the Lodge and the great mountain skiing will definitely bring me back to Whitefish MT!

• Stayed: March 2011