“Nice but not worth the price”

Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
Torrance, California
“Nice but not worth the price”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed to celebrate our 25th anniversary in the Flathead suite 3rd floor w/loft 4/25-4/27 nice suite with comfy beds. well decorated. This is what got it 3 stars. suite needed little maintenance things like a loose glass shower door and a plugged bath sink. Room service was 3 star also not what I expected for a AAA 4 diamond resort. My biggest complaint was Sat. night 9:30 pm a thumping, banging kid screaming racket started and when we went out on our balcony we could see down to 2nd floor balcony on the left and into that room where 4 kids left unattended were running in n out to the balcony and jumping off n on the beds. This could be heard n felt up on our 3rd floor. I called front desk and was told security would be sent. 30 mins. later noise was still going so I called again and stated I did not pay $600/night to listen to this racket. Once again I was promised security would be sent. It took another 15 mins. for noise to stop. 2 calls n 45 mins. is not acceptable at a 4 diamond resort costing this much. Won't spend the money to stay here on our next trip in Oct 2014

Room Tip: all rooms will be noisy due to thin walls n floors and a/c unit sounded like a jet
1 Thank trains69
MSkoczek, Executive Assistant at Lodge at Whitefish Lake, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us, we are very sorry to hear that it was not the experience we strive to provide every guest. The issues you shared will be addressed immediately to prevent another occurrence. If you would like to share more details I would be happy to speak with you, we appreciate our guests feedback as it helps us to provide better service. You can reach me directly at 406-863-4047 or toll free at 877-887-4026, extension 4047.

We hope you will give us a second chance to share our hospitality with you!

Montana Regards,
Monteen Skoczek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A wonderful dry oasis in the storms of life. We stayed the week and enjoyed every moment. The restaurant serves excellent food with a good winelist. The rooms reflect long experience with guest dömandes. The artwork is up the highest of whitefish standards- which are high. Superb in all ways.

1 Thank Sven E
MSkoczek, Executive Assistant at Lodge at Whitefish Lake, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Lodge a comfortable retreat during the Spring rain!
alberta
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was our first stay here but we will absolutely be returning. All of the staff were very kind and accommodating. The rooms were beautiful, clean and spacious. A lovely fireplace and own private balcony. We were in room 344 and although the road is adjacent we did not hear any noice.We were in the main lodge which I would recommend. They have a small fridge and sink area with microwave. The hot tub outside has gorgeous views and is open 7 am until 11pm. They have a small coffee bar downstairs that serves hot beverages and pastries. The restaurant has beautiful lake views. We cant wait to return. Just a short drive 5 min from the town of Whitefish.

2 Thank Monkeytoez
MSkoczek, Executive Assistant at Lodge at Whitefish Lake, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your first experience at the Lodge! We look forward to helping you create many more joyful memories in the future!
Kimberley, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife, myself and my brother-in-law stayed at this lodge over Easter weekend of 2014. It more than exceeded our expectations in every way. The actual lodge is gorgeous, being built on the edge of the lake. The staff were friendly and helpful (including one fellow who I will talk about in a minute!), the food at The Boat Club (on-site restaurant) was superb and did I mention how beautiful the lodge is??? We only had one issue during our stay... and that had NOTHING to do with the lodge - it was my own stupidity. I closed the hatch on my wife's Ford Escape and the latch cut into the wiring harness for my utility trailer... there was a short in the wiring and two fuses blew, rendering both my brake lights and my turn signals inoperable - as well as rendering the vehicle inoperable... because with that fuse blown, the car won't go into gear... so we were stuck in Park in the middle of the parking lot! Of course, none of us knew what was going on with the thing. It was, in fact, one Nick (last name unknown - sorry I didn't get that) of the maintenance crew who came to our rescue. After much troubleshooting on our part, Nick phoned a mechanic friend and got some advice, determined we had blown fuses and then polled the rest of the maintenance crew to see who might have some extra fuses for us! It turned out that one young gentleman (whose name I also failed to get - I'm sorry about that but Nick, if you read this, please thank him again for us!) had some extra fuses in his own car and (extremely generously) offered them up to us. We attempted to tip Nick for his time and help but he adamantly refused, stating that he was only there to help and he was happy to do so. Needless to say, these guys went well above and beyond what I assume would be their normal duties and I can't thank them enough for that... it was Easter Sunday and there was no way we were going to be leaving that parking lot for days! So after all that, what more can I say (besides "I'm sorry I wrote a short novel just to say something as simple as thank you'")? Well, just this: we WILL be back and we will (and have been) wholeheartedly recommend this lodge to friends, family and strangers on the street (but only if they ask!). Thanks so much for making it a wonderful weekend to remember to all staff at the Lodge but specifically to our knight in overall armour, Nick... and the fella with the fuses!

Most sincerely,

Three Happy Canadians

Room Tip: We stayed in two rooms, respectively, in the Viking Lodge and both were immaculate. I can't imag...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank J Q
Greetings Three Happy Canadians,

We are so delighted to hear that Nick and our staff were able to help you in a time of need. We pride ourselves on our team of friendly and professional staff who genuinely strive to help everyone who visits our slice of paradise to enjoy it to the fullest! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words, I will be sure and share them with Nick and the rest of our staff.

Montana Regards,
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Choteau, Montana
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The lodge is an amazing place to spend a relaxing family vacation or weekend getaway. We love the spacious and clean rooms. The decor is Montana's finest with comfortable beds. The only thing our family would love to have at the lodge is an indoor pool for the winter months. The lodge has very friendly staff and great dining.

Room Tip: If you stay across the street from the main lodge in the Viking lodge the rooms are much cheaper and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Columbia Falls, Montana
Reviewed 19 April 2014

great service and accomodations! We had all we needed available at the hotel so never had to leave. Very nice and clean rooms. we were in the main lodge and our room was very nice and quiet all night long! The bar and restaurant serve great food. Enjoyed the large outdoor hottub also. would definitely recommend this hotel!

2 Thank Julie T
Chinook, Montana
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I came out for our anniversary weekend. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Valet parking! We stayed across the street in the Viking, and it was so quiet and comfortable. We loved it so much we plan on coming back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
The Firebrand Hotel
#3 of 6 in West Glacier
Pine Lodge
Pine Lodge
#5 of 17 in Whitefish

Been to Lodge at Whitefish Lake? Share your experiences!