“Wonderful Experience”

Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We just returned from a trip to Montana, my first and we stayed at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake and what a perfect place our rooms were wonderful and our view of the lake amazing. I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank iseshirley
Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent two nights at the lodge to rest up for a horseback riding trip in Montana. It was off-season (April) but nothing was off about this lovely place. My "room" was bigger and more beautiful than any studio apartment I've ever seen- lake view with a balcony, gas fireplace, beautiful finishes, very clean lines and Western feel. It was a beautiful suite. I had an excellent deep tissue massage, got in my claw foot tub with all the little nice soaps and all, and slept off my weariness from travel and working third shift. I only had one meal (room service) and it was also excellent. I heartily recommend the lodge.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank IleneB
MSkoczek, Executive Assistant at Lodge at Whitefish Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom as well as the Boat Club and Spa while preparing for horseback riding! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we hope you enjoyed your Montana vacation and join us again in the future!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stunning location, gorgeous hotel, friendly staff, beautiful rooms. We loved our one night stay here...just wish it could have been longer. Dinner out on the balcony overlooking the lake was superb as was breakfast in the fine dining room the following morning and the room was large, clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. We'll be back for another visit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katherine R
MSkoczek, Executive Assistant at Lodge at Whitefish Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

We can't wait to have you as our guest again! Thank you for sharing your wonderful photo of Whitefish Lake!

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I just checked out this morning from an amazing long weekend stay. What can I say everything is just so beautiful around the lodge the grounds were very well maintained and the hot tub and pool so relaxing over looking the whitefish lake. Also all the staff from front desk staff were so inviting and friendly to the bartending and service staff like Marc (server) and Chappy (bartender) so friendly and have an amazing memory. Every staff member at the lodge makes everyone's staff that much more incredible with there smiles and happiness. Thank you to everyone at the lodge for making mine and my girlfriends 1st year anniversary that memorable I've stayed at the lodge 5 times and will continue to come back and share my stay thank you.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kwcavanagh
MSkoczek, Executive Assistant at Lodge at Whitefish Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Congratulations on you anniversary! We are so glad to hear it was celebrated with a memorable experience at the Lodge. We look forward to celebrating with you in the future!

Best wishes to you both from all of us from the Lodge!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just stayed here. Very nice rooms as far as decor and space. Bed very uncomfortable--felt like a broken down mattress . Noisy due to steady traffic just outside windows. Bathroom vanity made for a very tall person, as sink is set way back in the counter so it's hard to wash face, etc. (admittedly a fairly minor complaint). The restaurant is over-priced and the food quality was really poor (a $9 bowl of French Onion soup tasted like it was strictly a can of broth nuked to warm with cheese on top, unlike the description on the menu); not much attention to presentation on the food. All of that said, the view on the restaurant deck is very pleasant, so just realize you are paying for the ambiance, not the food quality. For the price (we were there on a promotion) it was worth it; I would be a bit hesitant at full rates though.

Room Tip: Away from the road and parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Diane D
MSkoczek, Executive Assistant at Lodge at Whitefish Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Greetings Diane,

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not great, that is not the impression we hope our guests will leave with! I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the room decor and size as well as the ambiance of the Boat Club Restaurant. I would love to be able to follow up with you on a couple items you mentioned including the uncomfortable mattress (we have custom Spring Air mattresses in all of our guest rooms so I would like to find out what room you were in so this can be investigate). If you would not mind, please phone me at the number below to discuss your experience further.

All in all, we hope that you enjoyed your time in Whitefish!

Montana Regards,
Monteen Skoczek
406-863-4047

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We came to Whitefish as a family of 6 to visit Grandparents. My husband & I had a small king bed room, which still had a refrigerator, nice flat screen TV, as well as a microwave. The bathroom was huge with a very large soaking tub, the shower was tiny, but beautiful. Our other family had a nice large suite with a kitchenette. Once I saw it I had wished my husband had reserved a suite and the hotel was completely booked, so there was no chance to change rooms.
The hotel has snacks & drinks in the room however as usual there is a fee for these. We had a very nice fireplace, and the decorations throughout the hotel were modern and very Montana looking as if to display the great outdoors indoors. It was all very lovely & I took pictures of the life size bears & other animals displayed.
What was especially nice was that after dinner we could all gather in the main dining area and have coffee and still socialize with each other in a comfortable & beautiful setting. We had fun taking lots of photos of the beautiful grounds.
We also enjoyed an outdoor hot tub experience and the hotel does provide large beach towels at the front desk, and in the rooms there are bathrobes so you do not need to pack one.
We would definitely come back and stay here again.
As we were driving around Whitefish we saw that we had made the best choice possible as to where to stay and enjoy our family! Our favorite meal besides the hotel was at Tupelo Restaurant in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JulieM1355
MSkoczek, Executive Assistant at Lodge at Whitefish Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Julie, we are so thrilled to hear you and your family enjoyed your time in Whitefish! We hope to see you again soon, and I'm sure the Grandparents would too.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Lodge experience!

Safe Travels,
Monteen

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed to celebrate our 25th anniversary in the Flathead suite 3rd floor w/loft 4/25-4/27 nice suite with comfy beds. well decorated. This is what got it 3 stars. suite needed little maintenance things like a loose glass shower door and a plugged bath sink. Room service was 3 star also not what I expected for a AAA 4 diamond resort. My biggest complaint was Sat. night 9:30 pm a thumping, banging kid screaming racket started and when we went out on our balcony we could see down to 2nd floor balcony on the left and into that room where 4 kids left unattended were running in n out to the balcony and jumping off n on the beds. This could be heard n felt up on our 3rd floor. I called front desk and was told security would be sent. 30 mins. later noise was still going so I called again and stated I did not pay $600/night to listen to this racket. Once again I was promised security would be sent. It took another 15 mins. for noise to stop. 2 calls n 45 mins. is not acceptable at a 4 diamond resort costing this much. Won't spend the money to stay here on our next trip in Oct 2014

Room Tip: all rooms will be noisy due to thin walls n floors and a/c unit sounded like a jet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trains69
MSkoczek, Executive Assistant at Lodge at Whitefish Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us, we are very sorry to hear that it was not the experience we strive to provide every guest. The issues you shared will be addressed immediately to prevent another occurrence. If you would like to share more details I would be happy to speak with you, we appreciate our guests feedback as it helps us to provide better service. You can reach me directly at 406-863-4047 or toll free at 877-887-4026, extension 4047.

We hope you will give us a second chance to share our hospitality with you!

Montana Regards,
Monteen Skoczek

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge
#3 of 6 in West Glacier
Grouse Mountain Lodge
Grouse Mountain Lodge
#6 of 17 in Whitefish

Been to Lodge at Whitefish Lake? Share your experiences!