Lodge at Whitefish Lake
    Average 3/5
    Great 4.5/5
    Chalet Motel(Whitefish)
    1,155 results
    All reviewswhitefish lakeboat clubsky bridgegas fireplaceviking buildingstuffed bearboat housefree valet parkingsoaking tubski clubbedroom condolarge bathroomglacier national parkmain buildingcoffee barbeautiful settingfull kitchen
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 4 December 2009

I drove up to Whitefish with some work collegues following a long week in Helena. The Lodge was the perfect place to unwind. Incredible rooms. Loved the fireplace, the lobby and the pool/hot tub. The bar was great. We didn't eat at the restaurant and instead took advantage of the free shuttle into town to hit some of the suprisingly excellent restaurants in Whitefish. I will be back in any season.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
    Reviewed 30 November 2009

This is a beautiful lodge, pleasantly situated at lakeside. The staff were unusually friendly, helpful and responsive to requests.

The dining room offered very good food. The bar offered mediocre food, as did the breakfast room. (Better to drive into town for breakfast at the Buffalo Cafe.)

The sumptuous suite was luxurious, although the kitchen was not adequately furnished for self-service.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 1 November 2009

Wonderful lodge, great off season rates. Rooms were huge with a great fireplace and a generous shower. Room had balcony overlooking lake so we relaxed with a glass of wine watching the changing view as the sun went down. Laundry facilities excellent, managed to wash and dry everything overnight. Staff were friendly and willing to help. Bar food was good but the restaurant food was even better (Duck and bison steak were wonderful). Enjoyed our first stay there so much that we booked the last night of our trip there, great way to finish our 4 week holiday in Montana. Amazing state, awe inspiring mountains, great food and really friendly people.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
    1  Thank Lillbillies
    Reviewed 28 October 2009

The lodge is gorgeous and our suite was decorated very tastefully with high-end finishes. The staff did a great job of arranging guests so that everyone felt like they had the lodge to themselves. The rates are reasonable off-season and the bar/lounge was very comfortable. (My husband loved the sweet potatoe fries!)

We stayed there 4 days/3 nights and my only complaint was that our room wasn't cleaned 100% daily. (For example, our suite had two bathrooms and bathtub wasn't cleaned daily.)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 12 October 2009

I was very impressed with this hotel. It was much better than my expectations based on the mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. However, the hotel is beautiful and very clean with all the amenities. My room was exceptionally clean and so comfortable, I was happy just relaxing by the fireplace of the chilly evenings. I was there in off-season and got a fantastic rate, although I do not think it is the ideal time to go if you are with children as many of the outdoor activities had already closed for the season. My only complaint is that the hotel states they have a concierge service. This is definitely not the case. The clerks that run the reception desk also allegedly double as the concierge service. It is in no way a professional post. They are not well-informed as a typical concierge is, and although *most* of them do their best, some are completely clueless to what that service entails and follow-through on requests was hit-and-miss. Saying that, I would still definitely stay at this property, just know that I am better off doing my own research and organization.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo