“One of the best places we have ever stayed”

Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
BELLINGHAM
“One of the best places we have ever stayed”
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I want to thank everyone at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. My wife and I were completely blown away by the service, the kind and freindly employees, not to mention the Lodge was fantastic. The room was beyond what we could have hoped for.We had such a wonderful time. i would reccomend this to everyone. We at dinner at the Boat Club and that was awesome what a great place sit and take in the lodge highlights. The piano was playing and the Ribeye Stake was fantastic. We highly reccomend The Lodge at Whitefish Lake.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
north carolina
Reviewed 20 December 2010

My wife and I just spent a week at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. We had a loft unit in the main lodge with views of the lake and the ski mountain--it was great! Our unit was very spacious with 2 full baths and washer/dryer. The Lodge is the only place to stay in Whitefish--convenient to the ski mountain, downtown, and only 30 minutes to Glacier. We will go back!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
worldwide
Reviewed 9 November 2010

The Lodge is nicely situated and we were able to get out and see sites easily. We stayed in the Viking Lodge and besides having to stand on tiptoes to see out the window to get a view from the second floor the room was nice enough. We could not understand the luke warm water; commentary on this in the room booklet is so that one does not scald oneself. Well thank you very much I am adult enough to decide for myself what temperature I like my bath or shower at. The room had a soaking tub but the water was a few degrees below soaking temperature so that was a waste of time. We also battled with Internet reception in our room and reported this to the front desk the morning after arrival. We were told it would be looked at. We continued having issues in the following four day stay and in the end just opted going to the local coffee spot as they had free wifi so my husband could still attend his business daily. We did love our bed, very comfy indeed and the fireplace in the room was romantic. The little bear on the bed was hugged and cuddled and appreciated too. We found it a bit noisy in the Lodge once the weekend came and woke up to the sounds of neighbours and people walking up and down the passage talking loudly – something I think is pretty hard to avoid in this sort of a setting. Another little annoyance was the only laundry working in the hotel was across the way at the main lodge so it was back wards and forwards all the time to check on it. We ate at the Yacht club and loved it. Brilliant service and some really good food and a nice wine list. Another evening we went down the road to Latitude for dinner and I was really satisfied with quality of food and service. I am a bit of a foodie so not so easy to please. It was a mediocre experience for us at best and although we did not hate it we did not love it either. I think this would really appeal to families and young groups of people.

Maryland
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We travel as much as we can, several times a year, and stay all over the place. The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is one of the nicer places we've ever stayed. We were in the Viking Lodge, which is only a few years old, and it is wonderful. The room is not large, but large enough. It has a fireplace, large TV mounted above the mantel, a large bathroom with a tub and very nice shower, and beautiful tile work and decor. There are robes for the trip to the hot tub, and yellow striped towels too. There was even a cute stuffed bear on the bed when we arrived, and the bed and linens were wonderful.

If you set the heater to about 72, the air conditioner won't freeze you out at night. We found that the air conditioner blows directly on the bed, and if you set it too cold, you will be too cold. It was a small nuisance that we learned how to overcome.

Our view was only of the parking lot, but that's what you get when you book online trying to get the lowest price. No problem. In fact, we kind of liked the seclusion the room offered. The place was a ghost town while we were there, which we also liked. The season is not summer or winter, and nobody is thinking about lodges in October.

Stay here. You won't regret it. Be sure to take your picture with the bear in the lobby.

Greenwich, CT
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Perfect location between center of the charming town of Whitefish (1 mile away) and ski resort (Whitefish mountain - about 6 miles away). Best part is extremely large rooms the can easily accommodate a family, complete with gas fireplace. In the summer, enjoy the pool and jacuzzi overlooking the lake, or lunch on the outside terrace overlooking the lake. We loved the restaurant as well (rated best in Whitefish), but still went into town to enjoy other numerous restaurants including Buffalo Cafe (brunch) and Wasabi (excellent Sushi - believe it or not)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We came to The Lodge sight unseen and only on the advice of family living in the area and their recommendations. To our delight it was everything we had heard of and MORE! We were a small group (6) that came planning a small wedding out on their dock. Even though they were not receiving any fees from us...as we were so small of a group...they bent over backwards to make sure everything was PERFECT. The weather was not on our side the day of the wedding and were amazed at the help of their sales and catering staff. They allowed us to use one of their BEAUTIFUL suites (At NO extra cost) and the event was beautiful...If this is what they do for something as small as that… I can only imagine how they handle a large event! My husband and I stayed in one their loft suites for 6 days and everyday the room was taken care of and their service was wonderful. We had some of our family staying in the newer part … and their rooms were incredible for the rate. My husband and I used the spa for a few services and were more than pleased. By the end of our stay we had gotten to know so much of the staff… we felt we said goodbye to friends. I look forward to many years of returning to this INCREDIBLE lodge!!

High River, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Beautiful Hotel and Staff, My wife and I went for our Anniversary. We were treated like Gold. Read the other reviews with regard to the location of the TV and the location and size of the shower controls. I was sitting on the balcony when I heard a scream and crying only to find my wife on the floor of the shower due to hitting her head on the shower controls, others have made comment to this and I almost hit mine as well.
The “Spa” was nice my wife booked both of us pedicures (very nice and professional service), she had a facial (that according to her was ok then we had a couples massage (it was so bad its humorous, we travel quite often and have never experienced anything as poorly done as the massages we received, in my opinion the masseuse’s had no professional training whatsoever and our 10 year old would have done better and not cost $290.00). Our Spa bill for three hours was over $500.00. I may as well have just pulled out a lighter and burnt the money.
Enough of my griping, the overall experience was very good just stay out of the Spa.
Thank you to the Valet staff, Chappy at the lounge, and the Restaurant manager and her staff. She even came to our table and thanked us for dining with them.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
The Firebrand Hotel
#1 of 6 in West Glacier
Pine Lodge
Pine Lodge
#5 of 17 in Whitefish

Been to Lodge at Whitefish Lake? Share your experiences!