So we booked ahead for our trip. Could not find anywhere in Glacier NP to stay. So we booked in here after reading that some folks complained about noise and that it is popular with bikers. So I will cut to the chase.
On the plus side - there is parking if you early enough, it is downtown and near all the restaurants and shops, has free internet. Wrap n Roll is next door and a great place to eat. The Inn also does n bagel bar and has a hot tub. The bagles are mediocre small with some general spreads thrown in. Hardly worth the effort, but we had it cuz it was free.
The rooms were clean, towels changed daily but not the linen. Some of the beds have plastic coverings and boy can you sweat!! You wake up and feel like you are sleeping in the desert. Lucky there is an airconditioning system. We did not have any problems with noise. But on the 3rd night a whole crowd of bikers pulled in and boy was the noise unbelievable untill the early hours of the morning and I am talking 03h00AM. I was prepared to lower my standards and put up with the rooms not being up to date and the decor being a bit tacky. The staff were friendly - I have no complaints there. But I felt that they could have done something about the noise level. We had people drinking beer and shouting profanity until 3 in the morning and it was awfull. It may be the only place downtown, but for me having an uncomfortable bed and a noise level like that was a bit of a deal breaker and really ruined my stay here, I was prepared for some traffic noise, but not these people having a party to this level. So stay here at your own risk - if you lucky you would not experience our problems. Moderatly priced, but you can sleep on the sidewalk for free and this was like sleeping on the sidewalk! We should have said something to the owner, but when the morning came we were already awake since 3 and hardly slept, all we wanted to do was leave, and so we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Downtowner Inn is the only accommodation in the heart of Beautiful Downtown Whitefish, MT.If you are arriving by Amtrak we are only two blocks from the Train Depot. Shopping, dining, and night life are only a short stroll away. Come visit us in the winter for skiing and snowboarding at Whitefish Mountain Resort and in the summer for rafting, boating, hiking in Glacier National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Downtowner Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Downtowner Hotel Whitefish
- Downtowner Inn Whitefish, Montana