We stayed here in July for a wedding. From the moment we walked in the door the staff was rude. Every time we entered the lobby the staff would look at us but then quickly act as though we weren't even there. The breakfast selection was very minimal. When we checked out we had determined a discrepancy in check-in dates and when we tried to have a reasonable conversation with the woman at the front desk, she immediately became defensive. Then another staff member jumped into the conversation very rudely and told us we were completely in the wrong. Even though we had gotten email confirmation of our dates, they wouldn't budge in their position or attitude. I have worked in retail for 20 years and have never been treated so poorly. In this establishment the customer is never right. All they cared about was getting their money for their extremely overpriced hotel!! They may be located in a great place but there are taxi and other services to take you to your hotel further away after a night out. Because of this experience I will probably never visit Whitefish again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Downtowner Inn is the only accommodation in the heart of Beautiful Downtown Whitefish, MT.If you are arriving by Amtrak we are only two blocks from the Train Depot. Shopping, dining, and night life are only a short stroll away. Come visit us in the winter for skiing and snowboarding at Whitefish Mountain Resort and in the summer for rafting, boating, hiking in Glacier National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Downtowner Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Downtowner Hotel Whitefish
- Downtowner Inn Whitefish, Montana