“A Waste of Time”
Review of Cafe Max Soup Co - CLOSED

Cafe Max Soup Co
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Description: 12-15 made from scratch soups daily. Focaccia sandwiches, gourmet salad bar & Cascade Glacier dessert centers. Also serve breakfast 8am-11am Monday-Saturday. 1/2 price soup of the day 7 days a week.Two locations to serve you. Whitefish(Next to Sportsman Ski Haus)Kalispell(Inside Blue Cow Building on hwy 93)
Tampa, Florida, United States
“A Waste of Time”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The food was average at best with my soup being cold, needing to be nuked. The menu options were not real thrilling. The eating area was dirty and not kept up. Although the person taking my order was pleasant, this will be my last time in coming to Cafe Max Soup Co.

• Visited July 2013

Polson, Montana
“Has really gone down hill as far as cleanliness, service and quality”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I used to eat here occasionally for lunch and liked this restaurant, but can no longer recommend. I ate at the Kalispell location and sat in the carpeted area and it was really dirty. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed and the padded chairs had big stains. The soup seemed like it had been re warmed and wasn't hot enough. The tray the soup and on was put on wasn't clean. They were out of cups, tea hadn't been brewed, grilled cheese sandwich tasted like it was grilled using stale oil. Seems like they like they have lost pride in their business. Skip this one.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank m3montana
Steve M, Owner at Cafe Max Soup Co, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Hello. My name is Steve. I own Cafe Max Soup Co. First I want to apologize for your regrettable visit to my restaurant. I pride myself on providing a great product in a clean atmosphere. Obviously you did not get that during your visit.
I did investigated your visit, and have made some wholesale changes in regards to my operations. Especially at night. I would love an oportunity to meet you and for you to come in and check us out again. People like you really help me in my business. By the way, your meal is on me, should you decide to visit us again.
Steve
Kalispell, Montana
“Plastic utensils and styrofoam containers”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Soups are generally quite excellent. However, for the price, it is crazy that everything is downgraded by using plastic and styrofoam. Keep in mind that this restaurant is adjunct to a car wash.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MaryEllenM27
Kalispell, MT
“Hmmm...”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Went to the Kalispell location to meet up with family leaving town for a quick lunch. Overall, the food was decent quality, though the soups were a little on the cool side. Turkey and swiss sandwich was excellent, and the potroast sandwich my brother tried was very large. At the time of ordering, my mother opted for the split pea and ham soup, which we've both tried on previous occasions. It was clearly overcooked, otherwise something must have been missing-- it was the consistency of cold guacamole... very very thick and paste-like. My mother commented that it looked incredibly thick and was met with a very long stare from the gal working the counter. I finally asked my mom if she would like to sample one of the other soups to swap for. The gal obliged, but said nothing, and looked perturbed when discarding the initial split pea soup. The rest of our time in line (waiting for rest of group to order) the gal pretty much glared at my mother. Totally unacceptable! We're not picky or rude people in the least, and she was treated as if she was extremely out of line for expecting better quality soup at the price they sell it for. Was pretty disappointed; This was one of the few bits of time I had to spend with my immediate family over the holidays and I spent most of that annoyed that she was treated that way. I do enjoy their soups, but not happy with the service this time around.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Travel0dge-GM
Steve M, Owner at Cafe Max Soup Co, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Hello. My name is Steve and I am the owner of Cafe Max Soup Co.
First I want to aplologize for your visit to my Kalispell restaurant on the 26th. We pride ourselves on the quality of the soup as well as friendly employees. Obviously, this did not happen on your visit.
If you are still in town, I would love to make it up to you. Show you what we are really about. Your comments help me run a better business.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let me know about the visit. You can contact me at the restaurant, if you would like to come visit for lunch or dinner. I am usually here for lunch.
Rochester, Minnesota
“Lots of soups to choose from”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

A fairly simple place with a great idea. A few sandwiches, some salads and a variety of soups to choose from. I was impressed by the variety of soups that were on the menu. I tried the Thai chicken with curry and peanuts. It wasn't quite what I expected but it had pretty good flavor. It was more of a yellow lentil soup with some curry and chicken added. I also tried the buffalo and elk chilli and it wasn't too bad. The person I was with gave a review of the clam chowder as being pretty good but different. I wouldn't give any of the soups I tried a fantastic review but they weren't bad and I would be willing to go back and try others.

• Visited October 2012