“Great food”

Mc Garry's Roadhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mc Garry's Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 89 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
So Cal
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We happened to be staying at a B&B across the street.

The food, service, and atmosphere were great. It is apparently a popular restaurant, since it filled up relatively early.

Great place.

New Jersey, USA
“Surprisingly good "Specials Menu"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We almost didn't eat here. My spouse took one look at the long varied menu and started to walk away ...then we saw the daily specials menu. We ordered from that and couldn't have been happier. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared. The wine by glass choices were good. The owner is lovely, the service was attentive, and the environment is pleasant and upbeat.

• Visited September 2013
“Friendly Service and Excellent Fod”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We enjoyed our first dinner so we ate here a second time. The owner greeted us both times and made us welcome as though we were regular patrons of her restaurant. Our server Mitch was knowledgeable of the food and wine menus and paired our wines well with our entrees. One appetizer that we would recommend is the "spiders" which is a blend of chopped shrimp inside a light tempura batter. One order is plenty for two. Ever entree we ate each time was well prepared and delicious. The close proximity to Whitefish Lodge with its shuttle makes for an excellent option for dinner if you don't want to travel into town. The desserts are large and delicious.

1 Thank GWandCD
Seattle, Washington
“Great atmosphere and great service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had a lovely dinner at McGarry's. I found the service and the food to be very good. I would not, however, recommend the crab cakes or should I say crab cake. It tasted more like paste than crab, was burnt on the outside and pasty on the inside. And there was only one. I did not say anything to server so they did not have chance to fix. But I do feel the server should have noticed how burnt the product was.

Saratoga Springs, New York
“A Good Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were staying at a B&B across the road from McGarry's, and the owners recommended the restaurant. It was a good choice. It was pricier than we'd anticipated, but the service was excellent without being fussy or pretentious. My husband and I had appetizers, salads, and entrees, and all were very good with one exception. I ordered one of the beef specials (a shoulder cut), and I was disappointed. It was tough and without much flavor. They offered to replace it, so they were certainly prepared to make things right. My husband's entree was excellent (crab cakes). All in all, this was a good experience and a very convenient choice.

• Visited September 2013