“getting better”
Review of Tupelo Grille

Tupelo Grille
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Whitefish
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kalispell, Montana
“getting better”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Had gone down hill for awhile in my opinion so I stayed away for a year. Glad to see they have a good chef and an extensive menu. The jalapeno poppers are a must. I always get the pork now. Branched out and got the shrimp and grits but wasn't as good as the pork. Nice to change things up for a change. They now have live jazz in the bar area now which is very nice also and a full liquor license.

Mike C, Manager at Tupelo Grille, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Glad to hear you liked out pork dish. We have a new menu coming out next week and I think our new pork dish is a vast improvement. Hope you think so too!

Whitefish, Montana
“Montana restaurant with Cajun flair!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We recently went to Tupelo Grille to check out their remodel and were amazed at the transformation! The lounge is a full-service bar with food items available. There are a variety of seating options and the atmosphere is pleasant. We will definitely be going back to meet friends for drinks!

Mike C, Manager at Tupelo Grille, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments!
Whitefish, Montana
“Lounge food just okay”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This review is primarily of the new lounge area and their menu - I have not been to the restaurant in over a year (although it's consistently great! Get the shrimp and grits!) I checked out the lounge and enjoyed cocktails and several menu items in April. The server was wonderful - complimentary and attentive - and the cocktails reasonably priced. Something went wrong with the soda machine halfway through the evening and the server brought me another and didn't charge me when I questioned the weird taste in my drink. The atmosphere was great - not too loud to talk, but lots of people looking good and having fun. The food was so-so, however. We ordered hummus and pita, hot wings, fried catfish fingers (the best of the bunch), and fries. I would skip the appetizers and enjoy drinks in the lounge while waiting for a table in the main restaurant next time.

• Visited April 2014
Mike C, Manager at Tupelo Grille, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Sorry to hear your food experience in the lounge was not fully enjoyable. Our kitchen staff works very hard to put the same emphasis on flavor, texture and presentation of our lounge food as well as in our dining room. With that said we have new summer food menus coming out next week, hopefully you will not fully discount our food in the lounge and try us again.
Broomfield, Colorado
“Absolutely Amazing Food”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Decided to try this place due to its consistently high reviews. It lives up to its billing, and then some! Ever since a trip to the southeast coast in 2005, we've had a soft spot for 'shrimp and grits' ... the Tupelo's is excellent! The gumbo and the flour less chocolate torte were delicious as well. This is a great place in Whitefish, Mt., the ambience, the service, and the food, all excellent! It is a bit pricey, but the food is well worth it!

2 Thank John N
Marietta, Georgia
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We first stumbled into Tupelo Grille years ago, tired, late in the evening and not knowing what to expect. We had a fabulous meal and have returned every time we are in the area since that visit. Our 2013 visit was a first: I finally tried the shrimp and grits. As a Southerner born and raised in Georgia by parents with serious South Carolina lineages, I was worried this dish would not live up to my standards. Well, it certainly wasn't standard! I can't wait to have it again! Husband's duck comfit was also a winner, and with a bottle of wine on the side, we waddled back to our quarters quite satisfied...yet again!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Leadville98
Mike C, Manager at Tupelo Grille, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments!