“Love the new menu and love Mitch”
Review of Tupelo Grille

Tupelo Grille
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Whitefish
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tupelo Grille is located in the heart of downtown Whitefish, Montana. Established in 1995, we have earned a reputation of being one of the best restaurants in Northwest Montana – a place to gather with friends and family for any occasion. We specialize in thoughtfully prepared Southern cuisine, offering fresh sea food, grilled steaks and signature pastas – all presented by a friendly, experienced, and attentive staff. Our cuisine is served alongside an innovative, yet familiar cocktail program and an award-winning wine list. Combined with a warm, casual atmosphere, we have consistently delivered a memorable dining experience to all of our guests. Whether you're from down the street or across the country, we want everyone to feel like a regular. Treat yourself to warm, comfortable, mountain-west hospitality and come join us at The Tupelo.
Whitefish, Montana
“Love the new menu and love Mitch”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Met with a friend after farmers market and was stoked about the gluten free options. Mitch is awesome at the bar. My margarita was delicious! He is knowledgeable, fun and makes you feel at home. The food met all our expectations and more! Thanks for such a fun evening! Be back soon!

1 Thank Buttercup1378
Mike C, Manager at Tupelo Grille, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for your comment!

Morton, Illinois
“So good, we went back the next night!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

WOW. I am a not the easily impressed by restaurants and was blown away. Locally sourced when possible, amazing flavor combinations, good wine list and the dessert was exceptional.

We had only three nights to dine out on this four day trip, and after eating here we cancelled Latitude 48 reservations to eat here again. I only wish it was closer. Very very good food. you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
Mike C, Manager at Tupelo Grille, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for your comment!
Calgary, Canada
“Hey Mike, let's think training.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The new lounge looks and feels great. The new waitress mistook our order of a $51.00 bottle of wine for a $175.00 bottle. Good thing my fiancee caught the error before we started drinking it. Kind of embarrassing even after being offered a discount price of $100.00 for the bottle I opted to stay on budget and we got the one we ordered. Half way through our appetizer, duck pate, very delicious, our diners arrived. Really? I counted one other table and a few people at the bar. Food was good, service not so much.

1 Thank Karen D
Mike C, Manager at Tupelo Grille, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Since your taking the time to call me out personally there are a few issues I like to clear up about your experience. I think, and my staff would agree, that we focus more on training than any other establishment in Whitefish. In defense of my server and our reputation, it was my employee's second day on the job and I did train her. With our 250+ bottle (award winning) wine list and 200+ bottle liquor line up I think you could agree that it's a bit overwhelming, especially for someone new to our staff. Also, we don't normally do dinner and bottle service in our lounge except on nights that it's slow. With that said, the reason I insisted on doing the wine service was to present the bottle, say it's name, the vintage(2004 not 2012)and where it's from to give you the opportunity to notice if there was a mistake. I think most would agree that Hanzell and Yamhill do sound similar. Professionally I did everything possible to accommodate the error(in which we incurred the loss)and if you read our other reviews about our service it's very apparent we focus on exceptional service through continuos knowledge. I do apologize for the confusion.
Whitefish, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best restaurant in Whitefish!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is for good friends to eat/drink and for the quiet date! Amazing dishes and wine! I love there salads to!

1 Thank recycledskatelisa
Mike C, Manager at Tupelo Grille, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your comment!
Friday Harbor, Washington
“In a sea of restaurants this one stands out”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

After another long day of driving we were looking for a relaxing restaurant with good food and service. We walked into the lounge at 5 PM on a Saturday night and they welcomed us and told us no problem for a table for 2 at 5:30. The salads were amazing to start. I had a beet salad with endive and my wife had organic greeens. Entrees of steak was recommended and was a delight to have.

Mike C, Manager at Tupelo Grille, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments!!