“Great food, great atmosphere”

Whitefish Lake Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 96 Restaurants in Whitefish
Price range: US$9 - US$48
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whitefish Lake Restaurant offers two dining experiences. Our traditional fine dining room situated in the 80 year old fireplace dining room opens nightly at 5:30. Reservations strongly recommended. Menu prices $18-$50. We also offer a casual menu that requires no reservations and is served nightly starting at 5:30 on our deck next to the golf course or in the Clubhouse's family friendly lounge area. Menu prices $10-$25.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We love the Whitefish Lake Restaurant. Either warm summers on the deck overlooking the golf course or fine dining in the restaurant, you will be in for a treat. For casual dining, the steak sandwich can't be beat, but the grilled salmon fillet is incredible also. Inside the restaurant, always check on Chef Dan's daily special. My kids love the roasted chicken, the prime rib is incredible, and the steaks are always prepared perfectly. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable, and can help with a wine recommendation, or recommending a favorite hike in Glacier. For desert, we love Doug's homemade ice cream. It's a great way to finish off a great meal.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a great place! We made reservations that day. The staff couldn't be friendlier! From arrival to departure, it was perfect.

The setting is log cabin but a little nicer. Still casual...we wore jeans. Ordered drinks...love the hand stuffed blue cheese olives for the martinis. Yum.

Appetizers were escargot and New Zealand mussels. Excellent! The escargot had a baked Brie cheese topping and artichokes. Never had escargot this way. Unusual but delicious! The mussels were large and the Thai coconut broth was so good. I could have eaten that as my meal. Good size portions!

Dinner was the Jerk Crusted Salmon and crab cakes. The salmon came as a whole meal...huge! We split it. And WOW! The flavor was amazing. Sauce may be a bit overwhelming for the perfectly cooked salmon, but not for me. I would eat this every night if I could! You could get the sauce on the side I suppose. So good. And the fried horseradish potatoe cakes were so unusual and tasty. Great combination! Crab cakes were a little overcooked, but still tasty.

And again, the service was excellent....

I would recommend this restaurant as one of my favorites on our cross country trip! YUM!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is our go-to place for special occasions. The filet is the BEST we have ever had. Menu selection is great, as is the wine selection. Large log cabin setting. Tables are set so that conversation is private. The wait staff is very attentive and knowledgable about their menu!!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you visit Glacier Park/Whitefish dine at the Whitefish GC. Ask for fine dining. Reservations are a good idea but not necessary.

Escargot is phenomenal; steaks mouth watering; had Australian Lobster tail which was wonderful and in my opinion better than Maine Lobster served in the West. All sauces are made from scratch. Great deserts. Nice wine list.

Best of all is the atmosphere. This clubhouse is old log cabin construction (not modern "log cabin"). You will love the food, appreciate the service and cherish the experience. I have also dined this trip at Lodge at Whitefish Lake (no 2) and Grouse Mountain Lodge (no3).

In the Park eat at Lake MacDonald Lodge, request table creekside if possible and request open window for best ambience. Food is excellent here also.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

There is no better place to eat in the Flathead Valley. Be sure to call for reservations. Whether with friends, family or just a couple you will experience a wonderful meal.