“Great asian food in Montana”
Review of Wasabi Sushi Bar

Wasabi Sushi Bar
Ranked #20 of 97 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great Sushi and rolls along with cooked food. Nice place with good service, got us in without reservations, the last table. Real accommodating

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We ate here in August of 2013 while on vacation. The sushi was good considering how far inland Whitefish is. As someone else pointed out, it was good we had reservations as it was very busy. Our waitress was attentive without being pushy or standoffish. One thing that I found peculiar is that they wash and reuse the chop sticks. A word to the wise, check to see the paint is intact on them before you use them and ask for new if not. My wife found the scented wash cloths to be a nice touch.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We went to Wasabi because it was highly rated but were disappointed. The waitress was very pushy without actually paying attention to us. It was good that we had a reservation though, as the place was crowded. The miso soup was good. The sashimi was cold, not room temperature as it should be, and the fish was fairly flavorless. The rolls were very heavy on the vegetable components and light on the fish, but they were tasty (my wife disagrees on that last point). We asked for two sticky rice to go with our sashimi, but when it came the two rice servings were on my plate instead of one on mine and one on my wife's. And the rice was cold. The waitress did bring us bowls to put the rice in, but that seemed a very odd way to serve it. My wife was able to get regular, warm, jasmine rice instead of the cold sticky rice. The rice situation just seemed odd. All the time we were staring at a sign that said "no sushi snobs" and this made us feel that this was a defense of poor quality. The one bright point in our meal was the creme brulee dessert, which was EXCELLENT (but I understand the desserts are made elsewhere). This may be the top-rated sushi place in the area, but that doesn't say much for the others, or perhaps for the reviewers. I wouldn't describe myself as a sushi snob, but I've had better sushi at many many other places. This was disappointing for a family celebration.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I come to this Sushi bar every year when we visit Whitefish. At first we would go at least three times during our stay; however, the last couple of times we have been a bit disappointed. That being said we will still go as the sushi is still tasty and they provide a variety of different sushi.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Ate here with a group of coworkers while on business in Whitefish. Was pleasantly surprised by the Montana interpretation of sushi and Asian food. The squid salad with bracken fern was one of the more intriguing Asian dishes I've ever tried, and the smoked trout roll blended Rocky Mountain cuisine and sushi in a delicious way. This place is small and reservations are recommended, although six of us managed to be seated rather quickly without a reservation, likely due to the time of year (early December).