“Amazing night”

Wasabi Sushi Bar
Ranked #12 of 89 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitefish, Montana
“Amazing night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Local to the area, Wasabi is my favorite restaurant in the area. Though its a bit loud in the main area, the food is amazing as well as the service. I have never been disappointed. I would recommend sitting off to the side and not the middle due to the poor acoustics.

• Visited January 2014

U.S.
“Great asian food in Montana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great Sushi and rolls along with cooked food. Nice place with good service, got us in without reservations, the last table. Real accommodating

• Visited January 2014
Astoria, Oregon
“Very good for location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We ate here in August of 2013 while on vacation. The sushi was good considering how far inland Whitefish is. As someone else pointed out, it was good we had reservations as it was very busy. Our waitress was attentive without being pushy or standoffish. One thing that I found peculiar is that they wash and reuse the chop sticks. A word to the wise, check to see the paint is intact on them before you use them and ask for new if not. My wife found the scented wash cloths to be a nice touch.

• Visited August 2013
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We went to Wasabi because it was highly rated but were disappointed. The waitress was very pushy without actually paying attention to us. It was good that we had a reservation though, as the place was crowded. The miso soup was good. The sashimi was cold, not room temperature as it should be, and the fish was fairly flavorless. The rolls were very heavy on the vegetable components and light on the fish, but they were tasty (my wife disagrees on that last point). We asked for two sticky rice to go with our sashimi, but when it came the two rice servings were on my plate instead of one on mine and one on my wife's. And the rice was cold. The waitress did bring us bowls to put the rice in, but that seemed a very odd way to serve it. My wife was able to get regular, warm, jasmine rice instead of the cold sticky rice. The rice situation just seemed odd. All the time we were staring at a sign that said "no sushi snobs" and this made us feel that this was a defense of poor quality. The one bright point in our meal was the creme brulee dessert, which was EXCELLENT (but I understand the desserts are made elsewhere). This may be the top-rated sushi place in the area, but that doesn't say much for the others, or perhaps for the reviewers. I wouldn't describe myself as a sushi snob, but I've had better sushi at many many other places. This was disappointing for a family celebration.

• Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“A great sushi bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I come to this Sushi bar every year when we visit Whitefish. At first we would go at least three times during our stay; however, the last couple of times we have been a bit disappointed. That being said we will still go as the sushi is still tasty and they provide a variety of different sushi.

Visited March 2013