“Trip to Whitefish, MT”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
ARKANSAW
“Trip to Whitefish, MT”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Everything was fantastic. Comfortable beds. Nice bathroom and facilities. Clean room. Great television. Breakfast was fine and delicious;

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
RAPID CITY
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Nice place to stay, the only problems is I was required to pay a $100.00 deposite when paying cash...I really dont see the p[oint.
The breakfast area has no place to sit.
Blanket had black hairs all over it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Edmonton
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We went to Whitefish because we could not find a reasonably priced hotel in Kalispell. After a day in Glacier Park we only wanted a room for the night a that is what we got. The hotel looks a lot better from the outside than it does from the inside. The inside is drab and in need of a major overhaul. As far as a price is right hotel goes it works but that is the extent of it. The breakfast area is so cramped that we took the limited food offering back to our room.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaayman

Travellers are raving about these Whitefish hotels

Cabool, Missouri
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I would have given this lodging a 4 star, except for the non-existant Breakfast area and Breakfast, also lack of ice. Our room was really nice and clean with a large king bed, and the service was good, but when I asked for ice to keep our sodas cold, was told that the ice machine was broken, and I could only have a very small amount from an ice chest. The Continental Breakfast was on a 6 foot counter at the end of a hallway, and it was crowded with 2 persons trying to get food to put on trays and take back to our room. It was obviously very limited (since they didn't have room for much), cereal, muffins, toast, and oatmeal.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank motraveler50
Hexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Room had an odd musty smell which didn't improve during our two day stay. Pillow cases and sheets on one of the beds did not appear to have been correctly laundered and looked yellow not white. Although they were changed on request they still weren't great. Ice machine wasn't working. Breakfast was a joke - packed into a tiny area. It was a fight to get anywhere near the very limited food choice. A shame really because it spoiled a trip to a very pleasant area - Whitefish is a great little town but next time we'll be in the hotel two blocks east of this one!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michael H
Crestline
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We knew we weren't going to get any bargains staying in Whitefish, right outside of Glacier National Park. One place we tried that advertised walk in specials turned out to be $200@ night. So we were pleased to get a room during the busy season in the $80's price range. It was comfortable enough and clean enough. The free breakfast was average. No complaints.
If I stayed there again I'd make sure to use the patio table and chairs they had in the back of the lot, overlooking the river that flows through the town. Very beautiful. I noticed there was a AAA approved nicer hotel next door, and I'm sure people there paid more than twice of what we did.

Room Tip: If you can get closer to the back of the property and use the back entrance, you're closer to th...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KWoodson
alberta, canada
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I booked this hotel because it was the most reasonably priced hotel that was available on the July long weekend. The location is good with it being on the main road but the sign is quite small and we missed it initially. The lobby is tiny and there was a guy sitting in the one chair watching tv. I think he was a friend of the front desk girl or worked there and it made me feel like I was intruding.

The room was very basic. There was a notable chemical smell when you walked in.The beds were old and low to the floor and somewhat uncomfortable. I don't know what was on the wood headboard but my hair stuck to it as I was sitting in bed watching tv. The room was fairly clean otherwise esp the bathroom.

We went to the lobby and asked for additional towels and were told some would be sent shortly but they did not arrive so we had to go back later and ask again.

They have a hot tub but we weren't able to use it because it closes at 10 and we got back to the hotel at 9:45 so there was no point.

The breakfast area is a joke. It's a tiny corner in the stairwell and has next to nothing. Had I known that, I would have stayed somewhere else because it meant spending more money out at a restaurant for breakfast :(

I won't stay here again