“GNPG...their amps go to 11!”

Great Northern Powder Guides
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“GNPG...their amps go to 11!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Why? Why would I spend large bills to go out with GNPG? Especially when you figure I'm local and have a pass to Whitefish, where I know every nook and cranny that might be holding?

I'll tell you honestly, I am addicted. Addicted to powder. And Great Northern delivers the goods. Line, after line after line after line. Till the legs fall off.It is concentrated joy!

Go, get on the internet and scour the web, in the states or Canada and you will realize this is the best deal going.

Everything is top notch, the equipment, the terrain, the food and of course the snow. But most of all the people.

This isn't any über mega interconglomoskicorp set up, No! This is a family operation. This is the Jay and Ky and their whole crew working hard to make sure you have one of the best ski days of you life. This is everything at a 10,and then they add the love, cranking it up to 11!

And that's the truth. BB

Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Da Bomb!!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We spent three days with the crew of Great Northern Powder Guides in February 2014. This was a fantastic trip. The guides were excellent in getting us into fresh tracks on just about every run. The Cat was spacious and comfortable. Conditions were unreal, with deep powder, some open terrain and tree skiing. The guides accommodated all our needs, were friendly and offered overall excellent service. Our host, Ky, was a delight to work with. We stayed at the their "cabin" which was offered as part of out trip. This was a beautiful cabin with plenty of room for 14 guests. The amenities were first class, from the kitchen to the hot tub and everything in between! Overall I would give this trip a 10/10 and would highly recommend their services. I will for sure go back.!!

2 Thank Francis B
Portland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Three Days of Skiing Ever !”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I grew up in Steamboat Springs and have skied the last 41 years.
Also lived and skied the Cascades extensively. Similar with Maine and Vermont.

I have had many awesome POW runs over the years ... a few as good as the runs that I had with GNPG.

But I have never had them every run, run after run, for three days straight ! Every run was first tracks for the group with plenty for everyone. It just kept snowing and snowing, no bottom !

An epic father-son trip with my 12 yr old who now wants to move to the FV.

If you want Extreme, book your own cat with a group of ski buddies. The terrain will be limited by the least capable skier in the group, which would be typical for any cat skiing.

See you next year !

3 Thank Steve F
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Company, Deep Powder”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

After several days of researching and calling B.C.-based Cat Skiing companies, I stumbled upon GNPG. After speaking with Ky for about an hour one night in October, I emailed my friends and five of us decided to book (traveling from Boston/NYC). We didn't know what to expect since none of us had ever been Cat Skiing before, but we had fairly high expectations. We stayed at the house that is available to rent and booked 3 days of Cat Skiing - 2 in Steep & Deep (S&D) and 1 in Powder Cat. Our 4th day we skied at Whitefish mtn resort. We had an awesome trip and look forward to going back. The S&D terrain was challenging and the powder was DEEP. We were always skiing new lines and fresh snow. The guides were well-trained, strong skiers and really cool. It is a professionally run company, with an expert staff, and great terrain. The entire time I felt like we were part of the family. I think GNPG has the potential to get better every year.

If you can stay at the house, do it. If you are coming for a few days book as many S&D days as possible. The Powder Cat was great for our 3rd day, but next year I want to do all S&D. I highly recommend GNPG.

1 Thank Andrew S
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“POW!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

When I came to Great Northern Powder Guides I did not really know what to expect. It was my first time Cat skiing and I knew that it would be different from skiing at resorts but I was blown away with how different it was. Every single turn on every single run was a fresh track in DEEEP powder. The guides were knowledgable, fun, and always kept the conversation going inside the cat. If you are going out to Whitefish to ski the Big Mountain, definitely take at least one day to the GNPG, it will be worth it.

Visited March 2014