Bar W Guest Ranch
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Grouse Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$127
The Pine Lodge on Whitefish River(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$111
Hampton.com
Chalet Motel(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$86
US$79
Hotels.com
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$97
BestWestern.com
Lodge at Whitefish Lake(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$77
US$75
The Firebrand Hotel(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$125
  • Restaurant
Crestwood Resort(Whitefish)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscattle driveskeet shootingsquare dancingcanadian borderhorseback ridingfamily styleglamping tentsbarrel racingnew friendswhite water raftingriding abilityhead wranglereagles nestnovice riderslope rideswagon rideadult week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I went to MT hoping to find myself and the Bar W was the best place to do so. The facilities were immaculate. The maintenance staff and housekeeping staff were friendly and interactive. Thanks Jason for being my square dancing partner! The wranglers were knowledgable, fun and cowboys/girls through and through. Thanks Allen, Katie, Lindsey, Griff, Andrew and Debbie for everything! And the food was ALWAYS so good!
I went solo and still found the atmosphere to be friendly and accommodating. I made friends and was "adopted" by every family there. Both the rodeo that we went to at the fair and the rodeo we participated in at the ranch were phenomenal. The horseback riding was the way it should be...on the trail, relaxing with with breathtaking views. When I wanted more help with horsemanship Scott accommodated me by having Griff give me a half day of semi-private instruction. Totally awesome!
I could not have had a better experience anywhere. I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool, but you can swim in the lake and there was a hot tub. Great after a long day in the saddle.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My boys and I wanted to try vacationing at a dude ranch, after searching the web, we decided on the Bar W. I have one very energetic Dennis the Menace 8 year old and one painfully shy 12 year old so I wasn't sure how I could get both the opportunities to have fun while meeting their personality needs. From the moment we entered the door until we left the staff at Bar W treated as family. The wranglers enteracted and engaged my boys in all activities. My energetic 8 year old was wide eyed and trying everything immediately, I had anticipated the 12 year old to be attached to my side, only participating when forced and with me. By day 2 he was talking to and riding beside the wrangler; day 3 he was going to the barn without me to "hang out" with the wranglers and help feed. To my amazement, my shy boy had started enteracting and participating because the wranglers had made him feel so comfortable. The wranglers and staff went out of their way to meet the needs of each child, making them feel special and like family. The staff did not only work to provide an exceptional experience for the boys but they were just as interested in making sure that I had fun, relaxed and was able to participate and learn what I wanted. I cannot say enough good about the staff at Bar W-for the entire week, we did not have one single situation in which we felt like we were not part of their family, in fact when we left my 12 year old had tears in his eyes because he had made so many new friends. This is a child that is uncomfortable with anything "new". This meant so very much to me, to see him blossom and become so involved in the activities and this only happened because the staff made the boys feel comfortable. They took the time and initiative to notice each child needs and work to meet them! The staff really care, they offer assistance in helping make sure that you see area musts, provide pointers for riding, in fact whatever you need they assist in getting. The weather, the horses, the atmosphere, the scenery, the accomodations are all Wonderful and the food plentiful and delicious however it is the staff that separated the Bar W from all else. The boys are still talking about their friends in Montana and hoping that we move there soon. This truly was the most amazing vacation ever, better than we ever imagined. I have recommend the Bar W to everyone at work, and we are already saving to return. Wonderful!

2  Thank Sreneern
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Myself, wife and daughter had a great week at the ranch. I do not ride whereas my wife and daughter do so it was with some trepidation that we booked the vacation. I need not have worried my daughter immediately had a new family with the wranglers and spent all her time around or on the horses. My wife rode a lot but had some down time and during this time ranch organized a white water rafting trip for us both. The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. The food was plentiful and there was always something to do but you never felt any pressure to take part if you wanted to relax. It was a great family vacation, in a beautiful part of the country with or without the horses.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main lodge upstairs which was comfortable and had ensuite facilities. We visited the glamping area which was also recommended by our new friends who were staying in this part of the ranch.
2  Thank USPJ
Reviewed 4 August 2012

The very best people and place to go horse back riding in Montana. Took my grandsons to the BarW horseback riding and they treated us like family. We had a great time and my grandsons loved it. Everyone was so nice and friendly. Thank you, G. Leanes

2  Thank cowboy1Munising
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I was a little hesitant when we initially decided on a one-week vacation at BarW based on the fact that I was only an “occasional trail rider” (every 10 years or so) but wanted to see this part of the country.

The wranglers provided the instruction and coaching to have me riding with confidence in a couple of days and looking forward to the all-day ride on the Canadian border (not to be missed) by Day 4 of our stay.

The food comes in a close second, as they have two full-time chefs’ that had me showing up early to the kitchen to see what they would be serving for the upcoming meal.

I was most impressed with the staff, who went all-out to accommodate every request to make our stay a memory we won’t soon forget. We came home with hundreds of photos, several new friends and a plan to spend more time in this part of the country.

I highly recommend that Bar W Ranch if you are considering a vacation near Glacier National Park/Whitefish.

2  Thank Dick G