“A wonderful place with great people. I can't wait to go back.”
Review of Bar W Guest Ranch

Bar W Guest Ranch
Reviewed 30 October 2009

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Bar W in Whitefish. I could not have been more impressed. If you want the experience of ranch life in a spectacular setting with great people looking after you, this is the place. They have it all figured out, from the wonderful food to the trail rides and the wagon rides at sunset. And the sunsets over Spencer Lake and Spencer Mountain are unbelievable. You'll make fast friends with the staff and other guests. I can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Bar W Guest Ranch

Reviewed 8 October 2009

This was my second trip to the Bar W and in life we think we shiuld perhaps not return as the experience may not be as we originally recall. Well the Bar W breaks that rule. My second trip was excellent! The riding is fabulous, the staff are professional and genuinely interested in supporting your holiday aspirations. I will be back and would striongly recommend it
Scotland, UK

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank paulinejframe
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Twenty of our family members of all ages but mostly limited riding ability descended upon this beautiful and peaceful ranch for a week. Between the riding, rodeo, square dancing, roping, singalong camp fires, incredible food, friendly and patient staff (needed to be), lots of activity, great weather, we were all surprised in different ways by our responses to this place. This included meeting but not being forced upon other guests we thoroughly enjoyed as well. I dont know what would constitute a "genuine western experience" from this other reviewers point of view but for us this was a great combination of activity, acceptable risk, new things to try and true immersion in what seemed like another world. Great staff, beautiful ranch, gentle and not at all dull horses. Hope to go back one day soon.....

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank newcowgirl
Reviewed 6 August 2009

The Bar W was fantastic. The staff couldn't be nicer, and they handle all requests and reservations with a casual and friendly yet professional manner. Staying at the Bar W was a different experience because it is small and family owned, and everyone is treated as a guest in their home. The riding is beautiful and guests are matched with horses according to ability. Beginners take scenic slower rides, and those with more experience can barrel race and take faster rides. All the guests eat together, and the food is delicious. Their is something to do for every member of the family at the ranch, and there is never a dull moment. We hope to return on our next trip to Montana.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2009

This was the second time I stayed at the Bar W Guest Ranch! So much fun...we brought our recently graduated grandson along. He loved it! We look forward to going again, we certainly enjoy all the people, the staff, the food - you can't go wrong here. A true ranch experience! My other ranch stays, at other ranches, were not as good as the Bar W. I recommend this place to anyone who loves ranches. The only thing I didn't like was to leaving....

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 24 April 2009

The hosts were most gracious. The staff was excellent. I never had the "dude ranch" experience before, but I would go back with friends. Everyone made sure my needs were met. I had a variety of activities to choose from each day. Even the weather cooperated!
WONDERFUL!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2008

I had the time of my life on their Autumn cattle drive (although it was more of a cattle 'round up'). The ranch is absolute luxury, and yet still homely. The staff cater for your every need, and yet you still feel like you can have space - say, to take a horse and head around the vast ranch property (I saw a mountain lion on 1st day out, about 10mins ride from the main property!!)
As a nervous novice they hooked me up with a great horse and did everything to make sure I was at ease.
They even take you to town to pick up alcohol - if you are that way inclined. Had a blast. Go!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)