“Awesome vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bar W Guest Ranch
Baltimore
“Awesome vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

I had an awesome time on my vacation to Bar W. I traveled alone and everyone at the ranch went out of their way to make sure I always had something to do. I couldn't have asked for more out of my stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

Took my Texan son-in-law and he asked his dad and brother-in-law, so the four amigos rode the range - well kind of. Coming from London, England, I got used to a western saddle poretty quickly - in fact that took all of five minutes and I was raring to go. Always wanted to do the 'cowboy thing' and Bar W gave me that experience and some. As well as ride - and no I didn't get saddle sore - I lassoed, wrestled and herded steers - wow! What a great experience and a great crew, who all became friends. Will I do it again? Of course I will, just trying to come up with a date in 2010.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

This was by far one of our best vacations. The staff is amazing and go out of their way to make sure your are comfortable, happy, and relaxed. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Bar W in Whitefish. I could not have been more impressed. If you want the experience of ranch life in a spectacular setting with great people looking after you, this is the place. They have it all figured out, from the wonderful food to the trail rides and the wagon rides at sunset. And the sunsets over Spencer Lake and Spencer Mountain are unbelievable. You'll make fast friends with the staff and other guests. I can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Scotland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

This was my second trip to the Bar W and in life we think we shiuld perhaps not return as the experience may not be as we originally recall. Well the Bar W breaks that rule. My second trip was excellent! The riding is fabulous, the staff are professional and genuinely interested in supporting your holiday aspirations. I will be back and would striongly recommend it
Scotland, UK

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank paulinejframe
mass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

Twenty of our family members of all ages but mostly limited riding ability descended upon this beautiful and peaceful ranch for a week. Between the riding, rodeo, square dancing, roping, singalong camp fires, incredible food, friendly and patient staff (needed to be), lots of activity, great weather, we were all surprised in different ways by our responses to this place. This included meeting but not being forced upon other guests we thoroughly enjoyed as well. I dont know what would constitute a "genuine western experience" from this other reviewers point of view but for us this was a great combination of activity, acceptable risk, new things to try and true immersion in what seemed like another world. Great staff, beautiful ranch, gentle and not at all dull horses. Hope to go back one day soon.....

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank newcowgirl
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

The Bar W was fantastic. The staff couldn't be nicer, and they handle all requests and reservations with a casual and friendly yet professional manner. Staying at the Bar W was a different experience because it is small and family owned, and everyone is treated as a guest in their home. The riding is beautiful and guests are matched with horses according to ability. Beginners take scenic slower rides, and those with more experience can barrel race and take faster rides. All the guests eat together, and the food is delicious. Their is something to do for every member of the family at the ranch, and there is never a dull moment. We hope to return on our next trip to Montana.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
Kandahar Lodge
#6 of 16 in Whitefish
Meadow Lake Resort
Meadow Lake Resort
#1 of 4 in Columbia Falls

Been to Bar W Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!