We were somewhat concerned about staying here because of the mixed reviews, but would definitely stay here again. We stayed for four nights in mid February 2012. While the hotel was not brand new, it was immaculate. In fact, it was one of the cleanest hotels we've ever stayed at regardless of price/class.
We stayed in one of the over-sized King rooms that had a fireplace, wet bar, mini fridge and microwave. There was also a garden tub in the bathroom. As stated above, some of the decor may have been a little dated, but it was extremely clean. The bed was fine, but not as comfortable as some of the nicer hotel beds we've slept on.
The free breakfast was a little better than average for a mid level hotel with a nice variety of items. The room used for the breakfast was huge and finding a place to sit was unusually easy for a hotel. We normally like to take a few breakfast items back to the room with us, but there were signs forbidding this practice. While we were disappointed in this rule, it was probably in place to help keep the hotel clean.
All the employees we encountered were very friendly and helpful. We arrived on Amtrak and took advantage of the free shuttle pick up from the station. This was a nice touch for a hotel in a small town.
There were a couple negative points, though we did not complain about them and they would not keep us from returning. First, the elevator was broken for our entire stay. Normally this would not be a problem, but we were on the 3rd floor and traveling with a 3 month old baby (with several extra baby items). So, the stairs became tiring at times. Second, there was a large group of mainly 20 somethings that were at the hotel for our entire stay. They used the hot tub/pool from roughly 5-10 pm nightly. The group was frequently quite loud, using profanity, and drinking excessively (shotgunning beers, etc). The pool area (which our room overlooked) was littered with beer cans while they were in the pool. We would have likely used the hot tub, but avoided it due to the presence of this group (I'm sure we were not alone in this decision).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose this comfortable and convenient hotel in Whitefish near many of northern Montana's great outdoor attractions.For travelers looking for quality hotel lodging accommodations near Whitefish Mountain Ski and Summer Resort, Glacier National Park, Flathead Lake, and Glacier International Airport, the Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge offers the ideal lodging location and experience. Guests can enjoy mountain views and the hotel's pleasant and relaxing mountain lodge atmosphere. Located in beautiful Whitefish in Montana's Flathead Valley the Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge also gives guests convenient access to outdoor sports and activities year-round, including: skiing, golfing, fishing, hiking, boating, whitewater rafting, kayaking, hunting and biking.The Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge offers guestrooms with king or queen size beds. Suites, featuring a fire place, jetted tub, and wet bar, are also available. This pet-friendly hotel has specially designated rooms available for guests who wish to travel with their dogs and/or cats. All rooms come fully equipped with cable satellite television and high speed internet access. A complimentary hot breakfast is served daily. Additional hotel amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, fitness center, and a business center.Meeting rooms, banquet space, and conference services make this Montana retreat the perfect location for business activities and other small group events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rocky Mountain Hotel Whitefish
- Best Western Whitefish
- Whitefish Best Western
- Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge Whitefish, Montana