I want to like the Rocky Mountain Lodge and I have stayed many times over the years. This last trip I stayed two times a week apart, each 2 nights. The first stay I was in a 3rd floor “suite”. That room worked out really well. It had great counter space where the fridge and microwave were placed. I bring my own coffee maker, it was nice to have room to set it up. That “suite” was mostly one big room with a king bed, table, chairs, and a fireplace that I don’t think was working. (no pilot light) It was a comfortable room. I had to encourage housekeeping to do my room early because I had some work on line and catch a football game. I wanted them to get in and out so I could do that. They clean the “stay overs” last so I had to request it. This time the check in and out was okay the desk was friendly and helpful. The breakfast is pretty basic and not well prepared. The eggs are edible if you put enough hot sauce on them. They don’t have salt and pepper shakers, they put out the tiny packets that are worthless and they have catsup! Good thing I travel with my own hot sauce, salt and pepper., They cut the bananas in half, etc.....They do a few other things to thwart you from wanting to eat. The real up side is they serve coffee from Rocky Mountain Coffee Traders.
By chance I ended up in Whitefish a week later. The second room was okay, but not as nice as the first stay. The room was more of a sitting room - bedroom off set. Not as much counter space with the fridge and microwave. It was also right on the end that is on the street. The desk said it wouldn’t be that noisy, They lied - it was very noisy! I tried to get the desk to switch rooms, but they gave me some double talk about why they couldn’t. I stayed where I was, not as nice but better than the down grade I was offered. I passed on house keeping this time so I could work and catch the football game with out wondering when they would show up.
I have always had mixed results here, especially at the desk. Sometimes the desk is friendly and helpful - Sometimes they are a little cold and less than helpful. A few times so cold that one has to wonder what they saying about guests when we are out of earshot.
A few years back I did almost a repeat of this trip and stayed here twice and had about the same results. It’s about the the best you going to get for the location and price. I would stay here again, but I will switch in a heartbeat when something better comes along.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose this comfortable and convenient hotel in Whitefish near many of northern Montana's great outdoor attractions.For travelers looking for quality hotel lodging accommodations near Whitefish Mountain Ski and Summer Resort, Glacier National Park, Flathead Lake, and Glacier International Airport, the Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge offers the ideal lodging location and experience. Guests can enjoy mountain views and the hotel's pleasant and relaxing mountain lodge atmosphere. Located in beautiful Whitefish in Montana's Flathead Valley the Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge also gives guests convenient access to outdoor sports and activities year-round, including: skiing, golfing, fishing, hiking, boating, whitewater rafting, kayaking, hunting and biking.The Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge offers guestrooms with king or queen size beds. Suites, featuring a fire place, jetted tub, and wet bar, are also available. This pet-friendly hotel has specially designated rooms available for guests who wish to travel with their dogs and/or cats. All rooms come fully equipped with cable satellite television and high speed internet access. A complimentary hot breakfast is served daily. Additional hotel amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, fitness center, and a business center.Meeting rooms, banquet space, and conference services make this Montana retreat the perfect location for business activities and other small group events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Rocky Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rocky Mountain Hotel Whitefish
- Best Western Whitefish
- Whitefish Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Rocky Mountain Lodge Whitefish, Montana