“Wonderful!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights and had such a lovely time, the house, room and breakfast was AMAZING, Woody and Betsy defiantly provide a warm and welcoming home. We will defiantly be back :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anna_bennett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kenmore, Washington
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Let me count the ways! This is our 2nd visit to Good Medicine and we were welcomed like old friends. We love the area and it has more snow than most in the west this year. It seems to me it is perfect...First of all, the owners are gracious and go out of their way to provide a very high level of service to their guests. It is spotlessly clean and comfortable with every detail considered.The owners have published a cook book for a very good reason...the breakfasts here are amazing. Every detail from the creative rotating seasonal menu to the linens and table settings is superb. The aromas from the kitchen are a constant pleasure as they are bake delicious cookies during the day. At about 5 in the afternoon as the skiers return from the mountain a tray of cheeses and wine is served. Oh, did I say fresh flowers too.. Lovely!

Room Tip: My favorite room is the Montana room. I don't think there is a bad room and I have stayed in 3 d...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kenmore_Girl
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three nights while skiing at the Whitefish Mountain Resort. Our only regret was that we could not stay longer! The lodge is amazing and beautiful and welcoming throughout; our room very nice and comfortable (not to mention clean and spacious). Woody and Betsy are the most gracious and hospitable hosts and always made sure we were comfortable and had anything and everything we needed. We had some of the most delicious breakfasts in my memory here, and there is always coffee, tea, and fresh cookies for afternoon snacks. I cannot wait to come back here, and next time we will stay longer!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lera P
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I, along with another couple, stayed here for several days between Christmas and New Years. We found the place excellent and well worth its high ratings here. Woody and Betsy are gracious hosts, engaging and educational without being obtrusive. The place is in town, actually near a neighborhood, but there is no issue with noise or anything else that would interfere. It's well located to get to town, though a long walk in bad weather (3/4 of a mile). The furnishings/decorations and construction of the house are top shelf, and you can see the high quality and attention to detail. We stayed upstairs in the Great Northern Suite, which has a separate loft sitting area, and is one of the bigger rooms. It isn't huge by B&B standards but is extremely nice and also has a balcony which overlooks the back porch and yard.

We only had the full breakfast one day, but it was good, though different (no common scrambled eggs and toast, though I suspect you could get it if you needed to).

Stay here at least a few nights if you're in Whitefish.

Room Tip: The Great Northern Suite is the best room. Get it if you can.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JohnTxGolf
Willis, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome! We stayed in the Great Northern suite for 3 nights. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfy with plenty of blankets. The loft was available to us the whole time and we even played card games with our friends into the night. Woody and Betsy are wonderful hosts and always made sure we were comfortable and happy. The menu has something for everyone and choices are made available via a sign up sheet. The Espresso was awesome and wine, cookies, and miscellaneous snacks were always at hand. Overall, my husband and I loved this place and will be back. I really can't say one negative thing about our experience!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deborah H
suburban Philly
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We spent 10 days at August's end in Glacier National Park and the last two days (three nights) were spent in Whitefish with Woody & Betsy as our very gracious hosts. This B&B ranks up there as one of the most friendly and hospitable places we've ever stayed. Bed and room were very comfortable. Breakfasts were excellent. For hikers like my wife and I, the laundry room was a godsend. Very convenient access to the town of Whitefish, which we enjoyed tremendously. Woody and Betsy make you feel most welcome. Woody's a font of information about anything Whitefish. I highly recommend this B&B if you're ever in Whitefish!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AGR P
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Great people, great rooms, great food! Looking forward to seeing Woody and Betsy again! Everything about this place was amazing! From the sitting areas, hot tub, and cookie bar- we looked forward to returning to the lodge after spending the day on the Big Mountain. The town of Whitefish was also full of restaurants and entertainment!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge
#3 of 6 in West Glacier
Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Lodge at Whitefish Lake
#2 of 17 in Whitefish

Been to Good Medicine Lodge? Share your experiences!