“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitehall
Sacramento
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed here as a layover, so I arrived late and left early. I found the room to be very quiet, clean and comfortable. I stayed here alone and felt safe. I appreciated the the motel is located right off the freeway so it was easy to find and easy to get back on the road. I did not hear any freeway noise, but my window was closed. The owners were friendly. The breakfast had the fewest options I've seen at a Super 8. Still, there was something to hold me over (cereal and OJ) until I had a full meal. My only wish was for an iron.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa_916_CA
, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that their stay was comfortable and enjoyable. We appreciate your taking time out of your travel schedule to post your review for your fellow travelers. Just an F.Y.I.: we do have irons and ironing boards available at the front desk . We look forward to seeing you again at the Super 8 Whitehall the next time your travel plans bring you back to our area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Whidbey Island, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stayed here in May of 2011, arrived late and planned to leave early to keep on schedule. We had checked rates in Butte (20-mi down the road) and found them to be appx $20 higher per night so stopped here. All in all, it was OK. The hotel is close to the freeway so if you like sleeping with your window open you will hear road noise from I-90 and the frontage road. There are "cow catcher" grates on the freeway on and off ramps that are particularly annoying. The room was typical Super-8 although our 2nd floor room had a small balcony that was nice even though we had no time to enjoy it. The view is of the freeway and on/off ramps but still a nice touch. The Super-8 continental breakfast is minimal with some fruit, dry serial, juice, coffee and a few pastries. Everything I expected for the price. I would return again but would request a room on the back side of the hotel...

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel to cut down on road noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mlfricke52
gmwhitehall, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post your review regarding your recent stay at the Super 8 Whitehall. Being conventiently located just off Interstate 90, the road noise you mentioned can be an issue for those guests who enjoy sleeping with the window open. Next time your travel plans bring you back to the Whitehall area, we look forward to once again having you as our guest.
Northern Virginia, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

We were making a 2900 mile move with our two cars and four dogs, In judging where we would be on a given night, I made a reservation at this hotel. I also contacted the man and wife management team to verify the pet policy. I received a great response from Terra. Now, we travel all over the world, last year alone Paris and Rome. So my review is in the category of travel hotels. This Super 8 was spotless, the room and amenities were perfect for our needs, the management was gracious, the continental breakfast hit the spot and we had a comfortable nights rest. One expects the worst when you have the nerve to travel cross country with four non petite dogs - what a pleasant surprise this stay was - thanks M/M Nova - you are appreciated

Room Tip: We simply told then our needs and they put us in two rooms next to each other, ground floor and at t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SPCinOLYMPIA
Thank you for taking time out of what I know is a tremendously hectic schedule to post your complimentary review! I hope you are getting settled in your new home. Lauren and I enjoyed having you as our guest and we're happy that we were able to arrange accommodations for all your 'furry' family members. If your travel plans bring you back to the Whitehall area, we hope to see you again.
Juno Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

An all around great stay. We tried to get a reservation in Butte but our hotel of choice was full. We decided to try this Super 8 based on TA reviews. The room was clean, the staff were friendly and our stay was pleasant surprise.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank flswamper
Great Falls
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

This hotel was horrific! The beds were lumpy and broken, there was no toilet paper left in the rooms, the floors were filthy and the a/c did not work. To boot, we got up in the morning to take showers and the shower would not turn on. We pulled up on the stopper and no water would come out. We asked for help and they could not get it to work until they pulled extremely hard and held onto it. Then they had the audacity to tell us it was operator error. They did refund us the money, however, my 16 year old left her very expensive MP3 player in the room and when she asked for it they said that since her parents cheated them out of the money for the room maybe we could go buy her a new one. Guess you know who stole it now! Will NEVER stay at a Super 8 again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
gmwhitehall, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
On behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologize for your recent stay at our property. We pride ourselves with taking care of our guests and maintaining a top notch hotel. It is evident from your comments that we did not live up to your expectations.

I investigated the MP3 player incident and found no reason to believe that any employee of this hotel stole an MP3 player. This is a serious accusation and we take it very seriously. We do not steal and did not take the MP3 player. The one MP3 player we found was returned to your daughter.

When we checked the shower we found the selector on top in between settings which did not allow water to come out and the diverter was a little sticky. We replaced it. Thank you for letting us know about the diverter so other guests do not have to struggle with it as you did.

I checked the beds. They're brand new. and the frame is sound.

Again, I apologize for your experience at our hotel and I'm glad to hear that we refunded your money for your stay while you were still at the front desk. We will use your comments as a training tool for our staff.

Travellers are raving about these Whitehall hotels

Boston, Ma.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

After a very long driving day during our Aug road trip, we happened to find ourselves in Whitehall, MT....easy off/easy on exit from I-90. Using our new iPad, we read the positive TA reviews and decided to stop at the Super 8. We had no advanced reservations but staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. We had one of the last rooms available which she upgraded w/o added charge! We realized later that she was the manager! She also gave us recommendations for dinner (at the Two Bit Saloon), a near by laundromat, and their local IGA grocery store....all very convenient to hotel. No need to eat the fast food at the KFC/AW...just ask for dinner options.Our room was on the first floor and near to I-90, but with the windows and door closed and ac on, we didn't hear any traffic noise. The room was clean, comfortable and updated. The bkf in the lobby was more than expected and plentiful. We had a great night's rest at a very reasonable rate. We would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Gemini5
gmwhitehall, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
It is always a pleasure reading such a nice review from guests who have found us via TripAdvisor! We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us and travelers who rely on reviews such as yours for their lodging decisions.

I hope the next time your travel plans bring you to the Whitehall area, you will once again give us the opportunity to be your 'home away from home'.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

It's a Super 8 next to the interstate, price was right, bed was comfy, typical Super 8 breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WBerger9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitehall
Best Western Plus Butte Plaza Inn
#13 of 14 in Butte
Super 8 Butte Mt
Super 8 Butte Mt
#6 of 14 in Butte

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!