“Dog & Brit friendly”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bellevue
Lincolnshire
“Dog & Brit friendly”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have just returned from a 3 month stay at the Candlewood Suites in Bellevue and I have nothing but praise for the hotel. Excellent and friendly service from all the staff, efficient house-keeping and Jennifer is the best receptionist in the word-fact! I read the previous comment with amusement and exasperation, it is possible to to enter and exit the hotel without having to "struggle" through plumes of cigarette smoke, ok once in a while a smoker has the audacity to go to smoke on the terrace but this is hardly an inconvenience. Thank you all for making my stay an enjoyable one and I always had plenty of towels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel and watch out for evil smokers on the patio.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travellingtim51
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello TravellingTim51,
Thank you so much for these word of encouragement! I will be sure to share your compliments with Jennifer. I am sure she will be joyed to hear this! We are so thankful to have guests like yourself on a regular basis. Thank you again for staying with us and come back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Our family of four stayed in one of the suites with our two dogs for two weeks. None of us smoke but there was no way to get in and out without walking through smokers. We found an exit at the end of the building and used it until smokers started hanging out by that door too! Really unreliable wifi in rooms at the ends of the buildings but they had free cat 5e cables to use for our laptops at least. Really strange towel policy. We had 4 people and 3 towels. They wouldn't give us another one without turning one in? And no taking towels from the gym. We took turns drying on a hand towel! The room was huge and the bed the most comfortable I have ever slept on! All in all a good stay but there's room for improvement!

Stayed June 2014
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Kimberly D,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and for staying with us in the first part of June. I want to start by apologizing for any issues you may have experienced with our Wi-Fi or towel policy while in house. This will be discussed with the front desk and housekeeping departments. We want every guests experience to be a good one and apologize for the hiccups you experienced. We are glad that you enjoyed the beds and extra room in the suites. We certainly do appreciate this candid feedback, and for giving us the opportunity to improve. When back in the area, please reach out to us as we would love the opportunity to have you as our guests again.
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a nice and clean Candlewood. This is great. I am returning here every year when I go to Berkshire Hathaway Annual meeting. Rooms are clean, good atmosphere, staff is friendly and nearby shopping, Wal-Mart etc… Nice outside seating. Good parking. The kitchens are good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello AirportWB,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. When in town for Berkshire Hathaway next year, we would love to have you back again!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Finding a pet-friendly hotel that is clean and flea-free seems to be getting more difficult by the year. Candlewood Suites Bellevue was a pleasant exception: Clean rooms, no fleas, no "doggy" smell, and a nice pet area with room enough to maneuver our furry little friends while they attend to their business. Staff is friendly, rooms are spacious and comfortable, and clean. While they do not offer breakfast, they do have an adequately stocked "mini-mart" with essentials; there are plenty of restaurants and fast-food venues close by to prevent starting the day on an empty stomach. I stayed for 2 nights with my wife and our two small dogs and we enjoyed our stay and had no negative experiences. We will be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Drumrjohn,
Thank you for reviewing the Candlewood Suites Bellevue. We are excited that you and your furry little friends enjoyed the stay at our property. We are also happy that you took advantage of the Candlewood Cupboard. Your business is greatly appreciated and staff looks forward to having you as our guests again in the future.
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed for one week and found the property to be clean, friendly and quiet.
There are several dinning options near by and a super Walmart one block away.
The staff were professional, not what I would call friendly but professional and crisp.
I would stay here again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hello Chris C,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Candlewood Suites Bellevue. We truly appreciate you sharing this candid feedback with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The room was nice but there were personal stains on the wall near the bed, a buger on the bathroom wall and I stepped on a clipped fingernail barefoot. Those issues while didn't go unnoticed were no worse than most places. I'm not a fan of pet friendly hotels. There was a family of dogs on my floor that were barking like they were being. After this stay it strengthed my belief that dogs and dog owners should be. Also I had an issue with the wifi not compatable with my i phone. It was time for an update that couldn't use data, was able to use wifi later that night in the bar so I know it wasn't my phone, at least the wifi was free so not a huge issue. I like the room being fair sized, bathroom big enough that the door can open and close while stool in use, hated the low shower head since im tall, love that room had a fridge to keep leftovers and bottled water cold. Aside from being less than 100% clean and being pet friendly- meaning dog people may ruin your stay; I'd give it thumbs up based on fair price, modern, and room having perks other places don't offer.

Room Tip: ask if there is a dog free area
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2009Susan, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
chuck29355
Thank you for the very candid feedback. This review gives us the opportunity to look closer and correct issues that past guests have experienced. This review will be shared with the housekeeping and front desk departments. While we cannot control being a pet friendly hotel, we can control room assignments. I give you my sincere apologies for the troubles you experienced. We will also talk about the internet issues with the company that handles our wifi connections. We do understand internet is very important and apologize that you had issues with it. When back in the area, please reach out to us as we would love the opportunity to have you as our guest again.
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This location was clean and comfortable. The negatives and why will not stay again. NO FOX News. I had to sign a statement that I would not smoke in the room I am a non smoker so this was not much of a problem. The problem was to get in and out of the Motel I had to walk through a Gauntlet of smokers including the lady that required me to sign the smokers agreement.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Tim C,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that you found our property clean and comfortable. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the service you received. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C