Candlewood Suites Bellevue
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Booking rooms again in NE, wishing we were near Bellevue this time. Thirty years of living/working out of motels 10 days at a stretch, this is my all-time favorite place. Rooms are large, the entire facility is clean, and the staff are great - I wish I could remember their names to thank them personally and give them the recognition they deserve. The kitchenettes are a bonus - it's nice to be able to make a snack or fix a real dinner instead of eating yet another over-priced restaurant meal or fast food (pots, pans, cookware, silverware, plates, bowls, glasses, dishwasher included). Just having a real fridge to keep a carton of milk in is a bonus (try that in a typical hotel mini-fridge). Never used it, but the fitness room looked well-equipped; several of the crew took advantage of the free laundry facilities. I saw several folks using the propane BBQ grills out back. There is also a 'convenience store' just off the lobby - bottled water, pop, microwave meals, popcorn, candy bars, etc... you pay at the front desk - wider variety and much more personable than a vending machine. Anyway, can't say enough good things about this place; we never had any issues or complaints; felt at home every time we stayed here; did I mention the staff were friendly, positive and always took care of us? Lots of visiting military stay here - British or Australian, by the accent. I've stayed at places housing young enlisted people and regretted it (loud and drunk, for the most part - them, not me). Military men/women staying here must be officer material - never heard a peep from any of their rooms. Anyway, for a short 1-2 night stay, you might not notice the difference between the Candlewood and say, the place next door. But if you need a place for 3, 4, 5, 10+ nights, stay here. Just an unconditional, unsolicited review from someone who often spends 150-200 or more nights a year in motels/hotels.

Room Tip: I've stayed on all three floors, pretty much the same - elevator is close to front/back doors, s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hello Tim G,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted that you truly enjoyed your stay. It is refreshing to hear your candid words of happiness! We take customer service very serious, as we feel it is what separates us from the competition. We definitely welcome the 1 and 2 night guests, but are set up for guests just like yourself who are staying long term. You get all the comforts you would expect at home! Our favorite part of the review was "this is my all-time favorite place" and we will work hard to keep it that way! Thank you again for being a loyal customer and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband wasn't happy from the start when he found out it was 25 dollars for our pet to stay one night. However, the large room was beautifully appointed and quite comfortable, not difficult when it is brand new hotel. It was quiet even though it is near the interstate. Safety is always my issue. We felt very comfortable walking our dog from the hotel into a nearby neighborhood in the evening hours. Don't follow the directions from the website to get to the hotel, try Mapquest. It took us around a peculiar route through a neighborhood, odd to say the least when it is right off the interstate. The hotel is pricey to say the least and how people afford to pay 129 to 149 dollars a night for any period of time is remarkable. There was no breakfast, but the room did have a stove and frig. If the price is more competitive, I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello dtbuny,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience with our pet fees. Unfortunately, we have to charge this for the extra cost of removing all pet dander from the room for the next incoming guest. I am very excited that you thought our 5 year old property seemed brand new! This is due to the hard work of the housekeeping and maintenance departments. As far as pricing, we are spot on compared to the competition in our local market. While we cannot offer a breakfast buffet, we are always willing to offer great recommendations in our area. Please come see us again when in the area as you are always welcome at the Candlewood Suites Bellevue.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have just returned from a 3 month stay at the Candlewood Suites in Bellevue and I have nothing but praise for the hotel. Excellent and friendly service from all the staff, efficient house-keeping and Jennifer is the best receptionist in the word-fact! I read the previous comment with amusement and exasperation, it is possible to to enter and exit the hotel without having to "struggle" through plumes of cigarette smoke, ok once in a while a smoker has the audacity to go to smoke on the terrace but this is hardly an inconvenience. Thank you all for making my stay an enjoyable one and I always had plenty of towels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel and watch out for evil smokers on the patio.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travellingtim51
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hello TravellingTim51,
Thank you so much for these word of encouragement! I will be sure to share your compliments with Jennifer. I am sure she will be joyed to hear this! We are so thankful to have guests like yourself on a regular basis. Thank you again for staying with us and come back soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Our family of four stayed in one of the suites with our two dogs for two weeks. None of us smoke but there was no way to get in and out without walking through smokers. We found an exit at the end of the building and used it until smokers started hanging out by that door too! Really unreliable wifi in rooms at the ends of the buildings but they had free cat 5e cables to use for our laptops at least. Really strange towel policy. We had 4 people and 3 towels. They wouldn't give us another one without turning one in? And no taking towels from the gym. We took turns drying on a hand towel! The room was huge and the bed the most comfortable I have ever slept on! All in all a good stay but there's room for improvement!

Stayed: June 2014
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello Kimberly D,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and for staying with us in the first part of June. I want to start by apologizing for any issues you may have experienced with our Wi-Fi or towel policy while in house. This will be discussed with the front desk and housekeeping departments. We want every guests experience to be a good one and apologize for the hiccups you experienced. We are glad that you enjoyed the beds and extra room in the suites. We certainly do appreciate this candid feedback, and for giving us the opportunity to improve. When back in the area, please reach out to us as we would love the opportunity to have you as our guests again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a nice and clean Candlewood. This is great. I am returning here every year when I go to Berkshire Hathaway Annual meeting. Rooms are clean, good atmosphere, staff is friendly and nearby shopping, Wal-Mart etc… Nice outside seating. Good parking. The kitchens are good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello AirportWB,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. When in town for Berkshire Hathaway next year, we would love to have you back again!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Finding a pet-friendly hotel that is clean and flea-free seems to be getting more difficult by the year. Candlewood Suites Bellevue was a pleasant exception: Clean rooms, no fleas, no "doggy" smell, and a nice pet area with room enough to maneuver our furry little friends while they attend to their business. Staff is friendly, rooms are spacious and comfortable, and clean. While they do not offer breakfast, they do have an adequately stocked "mini-mart" with essentials; there are plenty of restaurants and fast-food venues close by to prevent starting the day on an empty stomach. I stayed for 2 nights with my wife and our two small dogs and we enjoyed our stay and had no negative experiences. We will be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Drumrjohn,
Thank you for reviewing the Candlewood Suites Bellevue. We are excited that you and your furry little friends enjoyed the stay at our property. We are also happy that you took advantage of the Candlewood Cupboard. Your business is greatly appreciated and staff looks forward to having you as our guests again in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed for one week and found the property to be clean, friendly and quiet.
There are several dinning options near by and a super Walmart one block away.
The staff were professional, not what I would call friendly but professional and crisp.
I would stay here again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Aaron J, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello Chris C,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Candlewood Suites Bellevue. We truly appreciate you sharing this candid feedback with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.