“Hiden gem in Bellevue”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Wife and I found this while traveling around. Reminds me of the seafood shacks in the Carolinas.Food was very good and the portions were quite ample. Would have preferred seating in a room with less tv's and less noise, but I understand the seating methods.
Downside was there was one waitress working the whole room where we were eating. Most of the crowd was in there to watch football and drinking quite a bit which kept her hopping. She did apologize to us for the service,which I felt was quite good considering her patron load.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We decided to try this restaurant as we had never been there before. I must say the food was good but the service was awful! We went in, sat down and were one of only 3 tables in the place and they had 3 waitresses but only one was waiting on tables and she was very slow. The place has been there for many years so don't expect anything really nice. Not worth the cost in gas to drive all the way down there again.

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Took my fiancé here for a early Father's Day gift and it was great. I had not eaten here since I was a kid. We walked in, was seated immediately and received drinks. Nancy our waitress was very friendly and polite. My fiancé had the 16 oz catfish dinner and I had the 1/2 portion grilled chicken salad plus we had gizzards and a budlight for a whopping $38 bucks. All the food was well seasoned and delicious. There are TVs everywhere for your entertainment. The only con is a bad smell when you first walk in. My fiancé said it smelled like bait but to me it smelled like stale water. But this smell was not in the dining area. Overall, definitely going back!

1  Thank Mink34
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a very casual rustic bar/restaurant on the lake with great fried walleye, carp and catfish too. Try the stuffed mushrooms too. wow. I always sit in the bar area with a scenic view on the lake. It's a great place to watch a game too and just have a drink.

2  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate a good hole-in-the-wall dive, but they HAVE to be worth it, this one just isn't. The only palatable thing we had was the bread. Their signature fish was disgusting, and everything else we ordered wasn't much better. Despite my rating, I still recommend you go at least once if you live here. Just to say you went.