Motel 6 Big Springs
Quality Inn(Ogallala)
US$77
QualityInn
Super 8 Ogallala(Ogallala)(Great Value!)
US$77
Rodeway Inn(Ogallala)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfriendly desk clerkhardwood floorshuge rooman overnight stayno elevatorfree wifisaloon steakhouselobbycorridor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed here on the way to the Cheyenne rodeo and I was glad I had a reservation here because they were already turning people away. It's nothing fancy, but seemed very clean. Front desk staff was very nice to talk to. Nothing special, but if I ever find myself driving through middle of nowhere Nebraska again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Kootenay23
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The hotel is still smelly and uncomfortable. Don't be fooled, it has not been updated. I would not walk barefoot on the carpet. The bath towels are the size of large hand towels. The air conditioner did not work properly- we were never comfortable. The bed was hard and the pillows thin. I probably will have to stay here again because of family, but I am already dreading it. The website says there's coffee, but I don't know where you'd get that.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Those who might normally steer away from a Motel 6, have no fear. This is clean and well-run property. Big Springs is located along I-80 just a mile or two east of the junction where I-76 forks off to and from Denver.

I arrived around 10:30 pm but found the front desk cheerful and efficient. The availability of a brass hotel luggage cart to help me get everything from the car in one trip was a welcome plus.

The room, while fairly basic, was immaculately clean and the carpet appeared to be brand new. The room featured a small fridge, and while there wasn't a microwave, there was one available for use in the vending area adjacent to the ice machine. The TV was fine with many cable channels, and the free wi-fi worked just fine.

Adjacent to the motel is a family restaurant and a fairly upscale truckstop for provisions. I heard no traffic noise at all, however my room happened to face away from I-80 which no doubt helped.

In sum, this Motel 6 offered good value and I found nothing objectionable. The only suggestion I might offer would be the addition of a clock radio by the bed.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank bigdtallyfl
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I've stayed here before and will likely do so again. I don't really like paying $49 for a Motel 6, but there isn't anything else close at any price so it's either stop short or push further for the day and you'd still be in the same price range.
Check in was pleasant and helpful. WiFi is free, so that is $3 that other Motel 6's charge extra for. It has an indoor pool but that was closed. Room was larger than a lot of 6's, the beds where not pushed against both walls. Clean, warm, quiet, doors opened to a hall instead of to the outdoors, a plus in the winter.
Two restaurants next door plus Subway and Little Caesars. This is one of five Motel 6's owned by the Bosselman Truck stops

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Hotel smelled badly, incredibly sparse accommodations. Felt priced high at $70 with tax which surprised me.

Parking lot access is not good through either a gas station parking lot or a terribly rutted gravel drive without good signage.

Wi-Fi signal was mostly unreachable and very unstable in the room, had to tether thru my cell phone instead (which is so slow that it is quite shocking it was better than the in hotel Wi-Fi).

Bathroom toilet was very loud when flushing, and could hear flushing from other rooms clearly.

Hallway floors looked quite dirty.

TV was slow to respond and very dated compared to what most hotels now have, even at this price range.

Overall we did not expect much at $70.00, to feel like we overpaid was of great surprise. We will go further down the road next time rather than stopping at the Big Springs Motel 6. Still can't get the awful smell of the entire hotel our of my head.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple