“Better than expected”

Motel 6 Big Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Big Springs
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Cheyenne Frontier Days was in full swing and no rooms are to be had for at least a hundred miles. This was the only thing available so I took the chance. The front desk clerk was pleasant and friendly. The cost was typical of the chain. As I carried my luggage to the room I was very skeptical due to the dirty hall carpet but once inside my opinion started to change.
The room was clean and quite. The bath towels were far better than most of the rooms I have encountered with this chain.
I have no complaints and am glad to have found this one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Pua C, Manager at Motel 6 Big Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Motel 6 - Big Springs, NE #4305.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement; as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Kaewanani Colomban

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Got to our room there was feces. On the toilet seat. Night clerk came to clean only the toilet.Sink had facial hair all over it. The carpet hadn't been vaccuumed. The bath tub wouldn't drain. Staff only had to say thank you for. telling us. Would not recommend drive on past!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank samanthaallen
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We had an pleasant stay. Theres plenty of truck and rv parking. Limited grass areas for your pets. Alot of dirt.
My room had fridge. The a/c worked good. Only had one disappointment the tub drained too slow it was backing up. There is 2 restaurants next door. One 24hrs grandma maxs. other sam bass closes 12:00. Food stops at 10pm.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Pua C, Manager at Motel 6 Big Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

PuaColomban

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This motel was a good Motel 6. Many of them can be a bit suspect but this one was better than most. It would still be nice if Motel 6 would spring for in-room clocks, even if they won't do hair dryers, micro-frig & continental breakfast. This particular Motel 6 needs to up-grade it's wifi. We were 2 rooms from the lobby & I had to go stand at the desk every time I wanted to connect, and I wasn't the only one having this problem from what I heard with other guests there too. The afternoon staff person (Kate) was exceptionally compassionate & helpful (my husband was not well during this trip - we stayed on 6/24/14). Thank you for a welcome departure from the type of past experiences we have had with Motel 6's.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pua C, Manager at Motel 6 Big Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My stay was average as far as hotels go but, housekeeping entered the room twice without knocking and the internet, though pretty fast, shut down every three minutes or so. Asked front desk on two separate shifts three different people throughout my stay. Their responses were from don't know anything about the internet, to I'll reset it, to we get busy it acts crazy. But the truck stop right next door has paid internet that works fine.

• Stayed: June 2014
Pua C, Manager at Motel 6 Big Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - Big Springs, NE #4305. Your feedback is very important to us.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I could hardly breath it stunk so bad. I understand and appreciate you allow pets, I had my dog with me, but he is housebroke. I hope you would charge a fee to those who bring dogs that are not so you can afford to use a steam cleaner on the rug afterwards. Really, really bad smell. Also, the bathroom fixtures, bath and toilet are dated and full of stains. Otherwise they had good and friendly service, which is always appreciated.

Room Tip: Ask to smell a room first if it is a "pet friendly" room, before you accept it. I don'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Sincerely

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stay at Motel 6 approx 15 times a month and this one wasn't one of the better ones. The front desk employee, Jena, was very polite but obviously unable to make guests happy. Typical example of no management on site. It's not an employees fault things don't work but an emplyee should be able to offer discounts or to contact a manager..we were told that if she tried to call the manager "she wouldn't answer her phone anyway". The list of issues was ridiculous...wifi-not working, tv- very grainy and static filled, washing machine- not working ..Jena said "it's been broke for awhile", indoor pool- not working. Although the room was clean the blanket between the bed spread and the sheets was worn out to say the least and I've had pancakes thicker than the pillows. The price was $66 for a motel that at best should have been $40. I understand things break down from time to time but some type of discount should be offered.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian R

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. I am ALWAYS available.

Kaewanani Colomban

#3 of 10 in Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
#4 of 10 in Ogallala

Been to Motel 6 Big Springs? Share your experiences!