“"Never Again"”
Review of Bridgeport Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bridgeport
Bridgeport Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My parents came for a weekend visit and have stayed at this motel many times before but will NEVER do so again!!! When they got to their room it was solid ice in front of the door, in the room there were balls of hair in the tub, the toilet was GROSS as was the rest of the bathroom. The dresser drawers were full of food crumbs and garbage, coffee pot had a dirty coffee bag in it but no fresh coffee to make. Refrigerator was dirty and had mold in the bottom. Chairs were broken and covered in animal hair. Animal pee pads were on the shelf of the closet with animal feces on the wall. Contacted the office and found a 10-12 year old boy who stated his parents were not there. My daughter contacted the owner and she sent her daughter to clean while we went to supper and all she did was clean the toilet. There was never an offer of a discount or a different room or anything done about the ice, ETC only the excuse that they were having trouble with their maid. Never again will I let my parents stay there and I will never again recommend this motel to anyone. Disgusting BEWARE!!

Room Tip: Don't go to this motel check out the Meadowlark Motor Inn under the overpass on the north end of...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank janice v

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Rooms are nice and big, fridge and microwave too. The owner was very nice and the steak house down the street was very good. Great steak nachos !! I believe it was call the Steel Grill? The Mexican restaurant onion street also has very good breakfast burritos. The owner there was also very nice. All around a good experience in Bridgeport NE.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I chose this motel based on positive Trip Advisor recommendations, and they were accurate. This was a one-night stay for us as we toured the panhandle on the way to Scott's Bluff. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the drapes kept the room dark at night. The HVAC worked well and was not objectionably noisy. The room was clean and quiet, and the staff were friendly and helpful. There is no food service at the motel, but enough choice among local eateries. The internet signal was strong enough for my needs. The rate was reasonable. I recommend this motel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Checked in @11:00 am, found the room HOT. Turned on the AC, it didn't work.Told owners, and had to wait for 9 hours for it to be fixed. No discount of anything, just. ,Sorry about that" and did I mention it was 93 degrees outside, and I had my 75 year old mother with me.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank papa8859
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed here overnight in October, 2011 and was overwhelmed.

While the motel did not look like anything special driving by, it did look clean and well maintained so I stopped in. I had some business in town that evening and needed a bite to eat. Because I asked for a recommendation, the owners 10 year old son took me to what he considered the best restaurant in town, a hamburger place almost across the street. He is brilliant, fun and so polite that he offered to pay for dinner. That's small town hospitality at its finest. His parents are raising him right.

The rooms were huge, They had been expanded at one point so the rooms are 30% larger than most rooms of the era. They were also spotless, well maintained and extraordinarily comfortable. There were even mints in the room. That NEVER happens in rooms at this price!

Stay here. It is the best motel for hundreds of miles. You can thank me later.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank JRC417
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I usually stay in Sidney or Alliance when I stay in this area but Bridgeport would provide the shortest route to all my stops in the panhandle. I saw some good reviews so I decided to stop. The price was very reasonable for a large room with a king bed. There was good internet and there are several good restaurants and cafes near by. The property can get very busy with construction workers and hunters so its best to call ahead.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cropsclone
Reviewed 26 May 2011

OK, when I first drove by, I thought this might be a pretty run down and sketchy place; I couldnt say why exactly, but it looked it. It's not in a bad part of town -- the town isnt big enough for that. And when I drove back by for a second look, I saw that it was actually clean and neat from the outside. Still I wasnt sure, but I was tired.

I felt better after going into the office. It was light and clean and the owners (local Nebraska folks who live on site) were friendly and cheerful and very helpful. The rooms furthermore were very clean. The high speed internet is free with no difficulty; and the sleep quality is good, mainly because it is a very small town with virtually no traffic at night.

Best of all, the room has an overhead light. Dont you hae going to hotel after hotel with no overhead light?

The rooms are large and comfortable and a great value (I paid 53$ for myself, tax included, and a king bed). They are all smoke free and without the heavy motel odor of many chains; and this one very truly is locally owned and operated. You dont get much more mom and pop than this.

It is a good stopping point to begin the whole westward trek of several of the old west trails (Oregon Trail, Mormon Trail, etc.) and not too far south of Carhenge in Alliance.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank TravT

Been to Bridgeport Inn? Share your experiences!