“Small portions of mediocre food.”
Review of Country Kitchen

Country Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Chadron
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 March 2014

For some reason I'm always surprised by how small the portions are here. The food is mediocre at best. I had the salmon dinner and the salmon was dry, bland and small.

There are newer reviews for Country Kitchen

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Long day, tired and hungry. Hannah guided us and makes a fantastic "kid's sundae". Kept our cups full while keeping us laughing.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I ordered a turkey dinner. The meat was dry and tasted old. So did the stuffing. The green beans not only looked old but also tasted as if they had been warmed up more than once. Even though I asked the server to make sure that the food is really hot it was only warm. I did not enjoy this meal and only ate about half of it because I was very hungry and had to wait a long time for the food to be served. The manager did not want to at least cut the price for the meal in half because I had eaten a part of it. I will not go back there. However, the server was friendly.

1  Thank brainworker
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Service was good, breakfast bar needs help. A lot of 'out of the box' type food choices, you're better off ordering off the menu. Bacon was too greasy to eat, but french toast was decent. Could use some updating...obvious leaks in the ceiling with ceiling matter hanging down with water stains all over the one dining area.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

On our road trip from the Black Hills to Scott's Bluff Nebraska we stopped at the Country Kitchen for a quick lunch. We had the chicken dinner and pot roast and the Enchalada chicken soup and salad that accompanied the meal were both outstanding. Good quick service, but not rushed, so we could be on our way. It was a real pleasure to find this non-chain diner.