“COLD”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
West Fargo
“COLD”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I arrived here on a cold January night. I had a large king suite, which was very, very roomy. But there was no heat in my room until I arrived and turned it on. I was parked right outside the door so used the outside room door to unload my stuff. I couldn't get the room card to work, but the desk clerk saw me and came to help. I had so much trouble with those cards that she finally made me a new one, which did work. She was also helpful to recommend a place to eat my dinner. However, the room was so cold that it took 4 hours before I felt it was warm enough to undress and get ready for bed. Since there is no heater in the bathroom, I left the room temperature set higher than normal all night so the bathroom would be warm enough for a shower in the morning. Next time I stay there in the winter, I will ask them to turn on the heat at least an hour before my arrival.

Room Tip: The suites are huge and the rooms on the south side are quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
MacGregor, Manitoba canada
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We arrived around 6:30pm and apparently got the last room. The room was actually a large room with a king bed. We got it for the same price as a regular room. The room was clean and comfortable. We had door to door to outside close to the car which was very handy. The breakfast was very nice except the coffee was very weak. We found a MacDonald close by for coffee. I would certainly stay there again. It is very popular and I would suggest you book ahead

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Potomac, MD
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is a clean, modern motel in a central location in Columbus. The room was larger than usual, with a king bed and sofa, and quieter-than-usual air conditioner unit. Unfortunately, the room smelled strongly of stale cigar smoke even though the room was labeled "No Smoking" everywhere. Good sized, well-lighted parking lot with convenient room access doors at each end. Appealing exterior appearance. Check-inn was fast, but not automated. Friendly reception person. Breakfast was a bit spartan and the breakfast room was very small and crowded at 8am when we used it. But otherwise, for a small-town Nebraska motel, this was quite adequate.

Room Tip: avoid room 117 until it is professionally cleaned to remove cigar smoke odor (unless you like that)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. i appreciated having the refrigerator and microwave. Simple, yet tasty breakfast. My family stays here whenever we go to Columbus and we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013
st james
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I had left an expensive travel bag in my room when I checked out. On Mon. I was going to call the hotel to see if they had found it in the room. I did not have to call because Mike called on Mon. early AM to say I had left it in the room. I mailed him a UPS call tag and he personally called to say he would get it to UPS if they did not stop in at the hotel that day. I've talked to him 3 times and each time he was very professional and helpful. I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone and help we get the opportunity to stay again.

Diann Carlson, St. James, MN

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bethany, Missouri
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stay at the Victorian Inn 2 or 3 times a year while visiting family in the area. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and breakfast is good. Its nice to have a microwave and small fridge in the room too. Price is very reasonable which helps keep travel costs down. I highly recommend the Victorian Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Ottawa, Kansas
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The bad outweigh the good so we would never stay here again. In checking in we got our cards and it's a wonder we didn't get shot. Wife used the card and opened the door and room was occupied, at least no one was there. Got that taken care of then moved to a better room. Then had plumbing issues.
The carb breakfast was your average high carb items but they did have bananas though.Yogurt and fruit would have been nice. Breakfast room has only 3 tables so get there early. We are early risers so 5am to 6am is no chore for us.
Check-in and check-out was speedy. Good location.
We would never stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple