“Unexpected Excellence”

Holiday Inn Express Columbus
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The rooms were very large and extremely clean. The indoor pool and fitness center were also very well kept. The breakfast was amazing! Hot, fresh and well stocked. Staff went above and beyond. Excellent!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank aweedin
Dan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Columbus NE. I have shared your comments with the staff and everyone is very pleased that we reached our # 1 goal and that is to make your stay pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the very near future. Thanks again!!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is excellent choice in Columbus Nebraska. It has good location, relaxing lobby area, clean rooms and Walmart store just beside the hotel. Personnel were very nice and service in the lobby area during Happy Hour was very good. They serve decent Happy Hour appetizers with draft beer or wine as well. I recommend it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Dan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Columbus NE. We are always very pleased to hear your comments about our hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The room was large, Clean, Shower was Great, Beds were soft, And the Breakfast was tops. Biscuits and Gravey, Pancakes, Rolls, cereal, Eggs, yogert, coffee, milk, juice, sausage, and many mores items to choose from free local newspaper, The pool was an indoor one and kind of cold, the hot tub was almost to hot and the jets were not that great. But everything else was really good. I would stay there again for sure.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Columbus NE. We strive to make your stay comfortable and meet all your expectations. We all hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed over the Labor Day holiday which was a disaster. The room I requested was not cleaned due to lack of housekeeping staff. The room I accepted was poorly cleaned, I had to clean the room to make it acceptable. The front desk clerk replaced the shower curtain because it was filthy. There were socks under the bed from the previous guest. The room was not stocked with toilet paper or soap. The desk clerk was very kind and did her best to make a bad situation better. In the morning, the Manager did speak with me and offered fair compensation for the inconvenience. I have stayed here before several times and I have always found the rooms clean so I hope this is a "one time experience"... and that the housekeeping manager will crack down on her staff. Kudos to the staff who are always helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LJR67

We are very sorry that we did not meet all you expectations. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have shared this with the entire staff just as I do the compliments. We do sincerely hope that you give our hotel and staff another opportunity to have you as a guest.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The Columbus Holiday Inn Express is a nice place to stay. It does have a chlorine pool smell throughout the building but other than that, the rooms are nice. The staff was amazing during our stay. The lady who ran the continental breakfast was always so helpful (I was traveling alone with my 2-year-old). She would grab my daughter fruit out of the back and got me half-and-half anytime I needed a cup of coffee. Very conveniently located, too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful comments about the Holiday Inn Express in Columbus NE. We are always very excited to hear that we made you feel welcome and that your stay was excellent! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

But sadly, that's not saying a whole lot.

The room was huge, the beds were fantastic and there were plenty of pillows. The pool was fairly small, but I have seen smaller.

There was more truck noise than I expected, but then I also expected to be harassed by the train, but I never heard the train. I was on the back side facing the fields, so that might have helped with the train.

My shower head wasn't working properly, but I didn't remember to report it to management. There was a horrible smell of manure outside that managed to make its way into the lobby area -- I don't suppose there's a whole lot the hotel could do about that. They managed as best they could and the smell never seemed to make it to the elevators. It was definitely coming from outside. It would have been nice if smokers were encouraged to be further away from the entry doors though.

The breakfast is abundant, but rather gross. The food is all industrial, precooked, prepackaged food that is heated up in trays in a convection oven. It was all very low quality - but again, there's not much else in Columbus and I ate it because I didn't expect to find any better.

Room Tip: Ask for the back.