“I'd stay here every chance I got!”

Quito Airport Suites
Ranked #1 of 14 Tababela B&B and Inns
Cuenca, Ecuador
“I'd stay here every chance I got!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

So, I've flown to Cuenca three times now. The first two involved landing at 11:00 PM in UIO, getting through immigration, getting through customs, getting a taxi, going to a hotel that once you were checked in meant 1:00 AM, getting the wake up call to be ready for the airport to fly to Cuenca the next day at 7:00 AM.

This time (as I am hoping my last time to have to fly from the US to Cuenca... I'm not going back this time) is different. Now that UIO is 20 km out from Quito, it would mean at least an hour drive in a taxi for 30 bucks, just to wake up and taxi back out at 6:00 in the morning.

Wow that was a long introduction to my review...

This time I landed at UIO at 11:00 PM, got through immigration, got through customs and dragged my two 70 lb suitcases out the door, where a nice lady was standing with my name on a placard. I was taken by private vehicle to my destination... Quito Airport Suites. Here it is, midnight, and the owner is right there to help with the suitcases. I was checked in within moments of getting there, had an ice cold Pilsener in my hand moments later, and was ready for bed. My suitcases are now in my room and I'm finishing off what I hoped to be at least one of many Pilseners to come in the next few years (forgot... this is my "moving to Ecuador" flight).

In my email exchanges with the owner during my booking, I had expressed my desire to "hang out" at the facility for a couple of days, before I would fly on to Cuenca. It worked out perfectly. The area is very tranquil (except for the couple of roosters that can't tell time and crow every 30 seconds, but that becomes simple background noise that after a couple of hours and you don't even hear them).

There was a festival going on when I was there in the town Centro. I had the most fantastic hornado that I've ever had. I'm guessing because the old woman making it was more motherly than she could help, even to a gringo.

I guess I should say something about the property... yes, it is a small facility, no, there are not any Disney attractions, however, there are fruit trees in the back yard (watch out when you stick your hand in the lime tree, darned thing has spikes), there is an attentive owner that wants to make your stay comfortable, there is a parque just 2 blocks away with benches, begging you to sit and relax.

I've already written to Domenick about future stays during my flights back to EEUU to finish my move to Ecuador. I would stay here any time/every time... especially if you need to tune your life down a bit. This is from a Type A person trying desperately to work my way to a Type B-- person :-)

This was a very long journey (as far as reviews go) to end up saying, "Stay here." "Wind down". "Enjoy the experience".

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Robert S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We chose to stay here because of an early morning flight, I'm sure there are better establishments out here closer to the airport though. This suited our budget and the website looked good. The place is clean and tidy, rooms comfy enough but be aware there is no heating and I imagine it to be chilly in winter. Hot water is unreliable, food mediocre, and the building is very noisy with other guests around. I think the owners try hard but some education on what travellers want would be good. All email contact was done with Dom who appears to speak good English, but he wasn't around during our stay and the other staff have very limited English, though seem to be very pleasant people. It is a very long trip into the city, if hustle n bustle are your thing, then stay in the city, but be prepared for a very early start if you have a morning flight.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Cazoe
domenick11, Manager at Quito Airport Suites, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Hello Cazoe,

Thanks for staying with us here at Quito Airport Suites, it was a pleasure having you. Theres no heating in the rooms because here we are signiicantly lower than greater Quito (2000 ft lower) and it is not needed, not one guest has asked for it in the 10 months we ve been opened. As for the food, to each his own but our chicken or lasagna are really exceptional, try one of those next time. In November of 2013 after you stayed we installed a new hot water system and did some needed soundproofing which we hope would improve your experience with us next time. Thanks and we hope you give us another chance to serve you, Dom
Providence
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We are here right now it is 1:30 in the morning and have not slept at all. We are catching a flight at 6am and thought this would be great since it is close to the airport. Thu do a great job marketing on their website. It is a small house with several rooms, not much going on here. The manager was very nice and doing the best he could with what he had. The dinner was good. That was about it. There are dogs barking all night, ambulances and police sirens, the noise of travelers coming and going, and people talking waiting outside for cabs. The walls are paper thin and it is very bright so it's nearly impossible to sleep. We also ran out of hot water.
Good luck, not worth the $50.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Gurgal87
Hey Sarah,

It was great meeting you and your couple the other night and chatting about Providence RI and the crossfit diet and workout system. Im very sorry your experience was not up to par. Actually your experience was my fault cause I was working the shift and large rowdy group entered the room next to you, I should have told them to be quiet sooner than I did, it wont happen again. The sirens are a rarity out here in the countryside so I think that was just bad luck and the dogs barking we have addressed as well. In November we installed a new hot water system which is much more reliable than the previous one. If you give us another chance we guarantee youll have a much better sleep, or your money back, take care, Dom
Curacao
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We went here because its near the Airport. There was an airport pickup (8 dollars). The hotels is much to expensive for what they offer. It's clean but thats almost everything good on it. We needed to eat (we arrived at 19:30) and she send us on the street (its in the middle of nowhere) but everything (the two "restaurants") are closed at 19:00 ours. The shower was way to hard to stand under. Sometimes it became cold. The woman can't speak totally nothing English and don't wanted to understand us when we speak spanish. She doesn't care about the guests only the money.

3 Thank Duchi_Curacao
Hi Duchi,

Im very sorry your experience was not a good one with us, we do actually offer food as mentioned in many other reviews but on the day you stayed we had a "fill in" for our normal employee who does speak English and cooks very well. And you are absolutely right about the shower, the water pressure was too hard to stand under in your room but we have since fixed the problem in late NOV of 2013 we installed a new hot water system and fixed the water pressure in that particular room. We hope you could give us another chance to serve you sometime, happy travels, DOmenick
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Do not expect anything special from this hotel. It is good enough for one night if you arrive late to new Quito airport and/or if you leaving early morning.
Rooms are very simple and not very well sound insulated.
Staff is very friendly and tries their best to help you with any other travel arrangement (taxi, airport pick up etc.)
Wi-Fi is free but it is at "modem speed".

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi Nayiu, thanks for staying with us, we enjoyed having you. Thanks for your suggestions, in November of 2013 we did some much needed sound proofing which has helped our guests a lot to get a more relaxing sleep. We have two different internet signals to ensure we always have internet in the building, one which is our backup is a bit slower with modem speed, the code called ENGENIOUS is the signal that is DSL cable speed, we hope you consider us again soon, dom
les laurentides
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Honest price , clean but basic room for free wi-fi, free breakfast sud American style
Very close to the new Quito airport in Tababela
Taxi ride not expensive, you can arrange to have someone wait for you at the terminal from the Quito Suites when you do your reservation via internet
Staff are very helpfull, the owner Dominick speak English and Spanish

Room Tip: Try to stay in location one, much quiet, no kennel next door
oswestry, england
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed here when we had an overnight connection at the airport, which, since February has moved an hour and a half's drive from the city up into the mountains. This place was 5 minutes away, much better.

We were met by a taxi bearing our name and taken to the hotel where (I presume) the owner welcomed us, let us print out our boarding passes for the next morning's flight. We ordered a very good value dinner and went to our room.

The room had a double and a single bed, and was big and clean enough, the wifi worked well, and our food was great, though we were very hungry and went down to get some local cakey snacks later on for dessert.

The main problem with the place, which would be a problem with ANY airport hotel, though possibly more with this one, is the constant arrival and departure of people. More so here, because of the paper thin windows and walls. We almost finished a second bottle of wine in our attempts to get to sleep ! This isn't a purpose built hotel, its a big house converted into rooms. Then again, my wife slept through everything, but I was woken up by the noise of the taxi outside my window at midnight... Whatever, it was still much more relaxing than the drive into the city.

In the morning, all was quiet and no-one about but our taxi turned up on time and we got to the airport with a minimum of fuss. Which was the most important thing.

Probably hard to beat for a place to stay near the new Quito airport - excellent value and comfort - the only way to avoid the problems would not to have an overnight connection there.

Room Tip: Ours was the big one at the front with the curved window, maybe one at the back would have avoided t...
2 Thank shaunsouthern
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tababela
Wyndham Quito Airport
Casa Joaquin Boutique Hotel
Casa Yaruqui
Casa Yaruqui
#2 of 14 in Tababela

Been to Quito Airport Suites? Share your experiences!